Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
CVG had the following to report about GRID 2. Seems that after many years a sequel is in the making.
Race Driver: GRID released way back in 2008 and people liked it. A lot. So where the bloody hell's the sequel? It's coming, according to the Official Xbox Magazine UK.

The rumours page of the latest issue of OXM gives GRID fans a new reason to be excited. "The GRID team at Codemasters is actively working on GRID 2," says the magazine. "It's likely to arrive after the release of F1 2012."

F1 2012 is expected to hit shops in September, so it's possible Codies could be eyeing a late 2012 release for the currently unannounced sequel.
There have been whispers of a GRID 2 stretching back to 2010, so an announcement is overdue. But with Codemasters having recently made the shift to a dedicated racing development studio, we wouldn't be surprised to hear something more concrete soon.
Source: CVG

I gave in and purchased when it was €10 in the Steam Sale yesterday. Mostly because I currently can't get my DiRT 2/3 blast due to GFWL being completely incompatible with Win8.1 (grrrrrrr Microsoft). Grid 2 uses Steamworks not GFWL thankfully.

Given the comments in reviews about how awful it would be with a wheel, I was pleasantly surprised. You have to get used to how the cars drift, which is mostly about making sure steering is responsive enough (currently at 900 degrees but with linearity set to 4). The early races are definitely all about learning to drift because actually braking for corners is way too slow :)

Tested with both the T500RS and G25, it was playable with either. It's not for serious racing but if I'm too sleepy to lap Assetto Corsa properly, this is a fun alternative.

Hey guys sorry if this is the wrong place but the tutorial supplied by code masters for mods is confusing as hell. How do I properly set up mods to work with my Grid 2, I just want to use the cockpit cam.

with MY STOCK ASUS N46VJ KEYBOARD AND THIS STANCE-SPEED PACK CARS HELLYEAH!!!
994691_10200802790904658_1137277866_n.jpg

How to disable the dynamic trees for an FPS Boost :

Go to hardware_settings_config.xml file located in my documents for windows 7 folder under my games/grid2/hardwaresettings

Open hardware_settings_config.xml and find the trees lod string and change to zero setting.
>> Trees will not be be rendered adding a boost to fps however there will be some artifacts.

<trees lod="0" maxlod="0" />

To completely remove all trees override the trees.pssg and treetextures.pssg files with the attached files just replace the files of same name found in the track folders for a nice speed up.

P.S. remember to backup original files if you want to switch back

Attachments

• NoTrees.txt
    42 bytes · Views: 1,309
Last edited:
Do you think city race track are a big waste of time !!! Grid 2 should have focused more on real world circuit race tracks ....... ( codemasters fails to impress on this aspect )

I couldn't disagree more. The city tracks are gorgeous in GRID 2 and are what made the game so fun to play. Barreling down the Paris track at 170MPH and drifting around those tight corners in the Ariel Atom was what dreams were made of.

I've had crashes in Grid2 on my Win7 Ultimate x64, 16g, i2600k (at default clock or overclocked) with evga GTX 570, since playing these games on PC. I did a clean install of Win7 Ultimate a month ago and the problem still exists. I didn't reinstall due to this Grid2 bug, but it's been 3 years since I did a fresh install. While in the game, I get booted to desktop AFTER a race and get a steam error "app is already running) or something like that. Then I have to re-race that race again because it doesn't save.

It's not a huge deal, but I am upping the difficulty each time I beat the game. I am on my 3rd profile and it gets VERY, VERY frustrating spending the time to beat the challenge or race, only to get booted to desktop and know I have to re-play that race all over again. I won't settle for second, so I keep restarting each event until I get 1st place.

Time for Grid3 already.

4 preseason tests with Jimlaad43

1st. Jimlaad43
2nd. oldwolf + 00.22.00
1st. Jimlaad43
2nd. oldwolf +00.05.00
1st. Jimlaad43
2nd. oldwolf
1st. Jimlaad43
2nd. oldwolf

Other non-league racers raced too

WHy is it that my car in any given race is slower than those who get ahead of me? Even when I'm ahead on a straight away I still get passed like I'm sitting still.
I mean, first I get run over at the start then I can never catch up. Are their skills that good?
I'm lvl 18 and I don't think think my skills are that bad.
Is there something I'm missing? Some sort of trick I don't know about?
Also...what do I do about those morons that think skillful driving means ramming players off the track?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back