• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

graphics card temps

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Neil Tasker, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Neil Tasker

Neil Tasker

Ratings:
    +32
    right i know this will vart from diffrent set up and ther are many other factors that determine a good safe running temp but as a round figure what is a safe tem to try and keep them from going over, currently mine whilst running a game with all settings maxed out are running about 65-70 under load and around 40-45 on idle , i know obvisously add fans to allow better cooling will bring these temp down bu just as a guideline what is a safe temp to try and avoid going over

2. glight

glight

Ratings:
    +146
    65-70 under load is fine I would keep them from going over 85 if you are overclocking. I think 90 is max for a GPU. You can use a program like msi afterburner to define your fan speeds at specific temps to get better control. I find 40% is good to keep temps down and you can't really hear it when gaming. Use 50% speed if your temps are too hot, but you will have to deal with the noise.