Graphics card icw 7680x1440

Hi all,

Last week i bought 3x Dell U2713HM monitors. I have 2x EVGA GTX580 Black Ops running and thought this would be ok to run sim/race games @7680x1440 resolution.

Today i tested 4 games on what resolution they are playable.

1. DTM E demo; 5760x1440 on low settings and blur of gave me an average FPS of 45.
Happy with that but not with the resolution.

2. Game Stock Car 2013: 7680x1440 with AA on level 8 and quality on DX9, as this game is based on a older engine got an average of 120FPS.

3. Assetto Corsa: 7680x1440 set on 1 monitor instead of on triple monitors and low settings, i managed to get 40/50 FPS, which is good enough for me. When i changed the setting to triple monitors, the game was down to 12/15 FPS, which is unplayable.

4. F1 2013: this is really the worst of these games. In resolutions of 7680x1440 low not playable and even made the system freeze.
5760x1440 was a bit better but still not playable.
Then @5040x1050 i got a FPS of around 60 when racing. After starting the game and ending in the show garage FPS dropped to 2 - 3 - 5 frames. But went back up to 30, good enough to browse the menus but still in windowed mode. Pressing Alt+Enter for full screen i only did when i was ready to do a race/practice. Ending the race/practice was again back to windowed mode, so i could enter the menus.

So first of all i would like to know if there is a possibility to make the F1 game more fluent especially in the start screen. Or is this game that bad coded for higher resolutions?

And, getting a new vid card will most likely be the solution to this:cool:
Been reading here and there but there are not alot of benchmarks as well.
Also i have these in sli but read that the vram of your card is most important. Sli or Trisli does not give you double or triple vram.
So thinking of looking for a single video card of around 3GB. ATI or Nvidia does not matter at the moment. Dunno if this is correct:geek:

So again your advice is needed and appreciated!

lol. Thats a pretty high end resolution, i dont think ive seen anyone trying to go that high in discussions on here. For f1 at least i can tell you that sli/crossfire is f***ed. I had a gtx590 and it ran better with one card switched off @2560x1440. I have recently upgraded to a msi gtx780 gaming oc and its a very impressive piece of kit. It runs ac smooth as silk maxed out @2560x1440, i5 2500k @4.5 and 8gb ram @ at around 1800mhz. If your looking for a single card solution, from what i have read (tomshardware & techradar etc) the amd r9 290x is the best performer at high resolution. The issue is the superior non reference cards will set you back a nice few quid.lol. I wasnt actually looking to upgrade but stumbled across my card on ebay for £300 brand new and couldnt ignore the value.lol

Upvote 0
Woohoo finally got my Sapphire R9 290 TRI-OC.
Can only say this card is AWESOME.
Playing F1 2013 which gave me the most troubles and was unplayable, now....
Got 70-80fps in opening the game and the garage, compared to the 4-5-8 before;).
While racing a nice average of 100fps hallelujah:cool:

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back