1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics card dying?

Discussion in 'Racer' started by KS95, Apr 22, 2010.

1. KS95

RACER Moderator

Hey guys, I have a question..

My 8500GT doesn't seem to like CG shaders anymore. When you try and run a car (and track probably) that has CG shaders is goes.. kinda fuzzy. The screen has got white dots all over it, and if you try to run a CG car with HDR turned off, it well.. crashes (the game of course). Not only this, but previously I would get a stable 50FPS on everything and anything! Now I get about 12fps on polish roads! And I used to be able to run the latest version (or close to it) I think I was using 0.8.3 before. It wouldn't work (period..) so I ended up having to go back to 0.8.2 :S

I assume the card is just slowly dying, but do you think it could be anything else?

Thanks guys! :)
  2. Did you tried download new drivers?
  3. KS95

RACER Moderator

Yup. After doing that I was finally able to run racer again but only 0.8.2 for some reason :/
  4. Well before I got rid of my card (that thing was practically dead when I revived it for just a little bit longer) I had baked it (basically you remove the heat sinks and all the metal parts, and put it in the oven for a bit. that brang it somewhat back, though it was still going in a bad way.
  5. KS95

RACER Moderator

Yeah, I remember you saying. I'd do that except technically this isn't my PC, so anything I mess up.. well.. I'd be paying for most likely.. xD
  6. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

KS95, try rolling your drivers back to the previous version.