1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Graphics card dying?

Discussion in 'Racer' started by KS95, Apr 22, 2010.

1. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Hey guys, I have a question..

My 8500GT doesn't seem to like CG shaders anymore. When you try and run a car (and track probably) that has CG shaders is goes.. kinda fuzzy. The screen has got white dots all over it, and if you try to run a CG car with HDR turned off, it well.. crashes (the game of course). Not only this, but previously I would get a stable 50FPS on everything and anything! Now I get about 12fps on polish roads! And I used to be able to run the latest version (or close to it) I think I was using 0.8.3 before. It wouldn't work (period..) so I ended up having to go back to 0.8.2 :S

I assume the card is just slowly dying, but do you think it could be anything else?

Thanks guys! :)

2. Raphael Buthmann

Raphael Buthmann

Ratings:
    +273
    Did you tried download new drivers?

3. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Yup. After doing that I was finally able to run racer again but only 0.8.2 for some reason :/

4. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +611
    Well before I got rid of my card (that thing was practically dead when I revived it for just a little bit longer) I had baked it (basically you remove the heat sinks and all the metal parts, and put it in the oven for a bit. that brang it somewhat back, though it was still going in a bad way.

5. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Yeah, I remember you saying. I'd do that except technically this isn't my PC, so anything I mess up.. well.. I'd be paying for most likely.. xD

6. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +969
    KS95, try rolling your drivers back to the previous version.