Graphic Problems, please help.

Hey guys,

For some reason, on rbr2010/2011 i get a bit of graphic judder when i brake from high speed even with grapics turned down low?

I have a Nvidea 460gt Graphics card and 2 mb ram and can run rFactor on full graphic no problem. it is not that bad in some cars, however really bad in some cars, i'm super confused!

Any ideas welcome?

Regards Mark

Nah, it's a .dll file in the RBR folder, gives you bloom effect, control over saturation, colours, etc. I had something similar to your problem, changing the HDR plugin settings helped.

sorry guys, im a bit of a rookie with computers, but where do i find the HDR plugin? the problem is deinity with i have extra noise from backfires happening?

thanks for your help so far :)

In the RichardBurnsRally.ini file there is a parameter that is something like "usesoftwareaudio" (I am not home, so don't have the file to tell you the exact parameter. Change this to true and see if it helps. You can also try lowering the amount of effects that can be heard here to see if that changes anything.

Open your Richard Burns Rally.ini file using notepad.
It should look something like this:

[Settings]
Depth = 32
ForceFeedback = true
Fullscreen = false
MinDepthBits = 24
MinStencilBits = 8
ParticleQuality = high
RenderQuality = high
RunIntro = false
RunStartup = false
Sound = true
UseCubicEnvironmentMaps = true
UseEAX = false
UseSoftwareAudio = false
UseTripleScreenBuffers = false
WaitRetrace = true
XRes = 1680
YRes = 1050

Change this line:
UseSoftwareAudio = false

to this:

UseSoftwareAudio = true

Perhaps the existing no-trouble users to share their PC configurations (hardware & software) may help diagnose such issues I guess.. cos, lately even I am too facing issues with refresh rate after installing HDR plugin.

I tried changing many parameters in RBR.ini, enbseries.ini, config.ini but my problem isn't going towards any solution!! I have atleast reinstalled everything more than twice, & as soon as I try the widescreen format everything goes wrong & never even able to restore to its original 4:3 format too with the proper screen refresh rate.... :(

[...] as soon as I try the widescreen format everything goes wrong & never even able to restore to its original 4:3 format too with the proper screen refresh rate.... :(
How do you set the ratio to WS? By using CamHack? Or do you mean the X and Yres params in the ini?

If the latter maybe your graphic card can't handle the increased load?

@Mark - Since you haven't posted the contents of your RichardBurnsRally.ini: do you have this line in your ini?
Code:
UseEAX = false

Yes, I am using camhack!

My settings::

Code:
[Settings]
ConstantForceMultiplier = -60
Depth = 32
ForceFeedback = true
Fullscreen = true
MinDepthBits = 24
MinStencilBits = 8
ParticleQuality = high
RenderQuality = high
RunIntro = false
RunStartup = false
Sound = true
UseCubicEnvironmentMaps = true
UseEAX = false
UseSoftwareAudio = false
UseTripleScreenBuffers = false
WaitRetrace = true
XRes = 1600
YRes = 900

Code:
;Default Settings Generated By RBR Camhack v2.0

[Keys]
K0=28
K1=181
K2=52
K3=51
K4=38
K5=19
K6=22
K7=32
K8=157
K9=63
K10=203
K11=200
K12=208
K13=0
K14=25
K15=41
K16=199
K17=13
K18=12
K19=40
K20=39
K21=0
[Main]
MouseSensitivity=0.5
KeySensitivity=0.01
Rate=1
JoyIndex=1
InvertM=0
InvertX=0
FOVX=1.7
FOVY=1
Version=200
HCAM=8
I found out now that this happens only during when the fullscreen is set to false (ie., in windowed mode).!

Now it is running fine with the above settings, will run a online test rally & then switch to window mode to check the functionality!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back