Grand Prix 4 Touring Car Championship - Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 161052

So here's my list of tracks that I want for next season's calendar, based on my qualy and race results from these races:
Delighted are my perfect results, neutral are my okay or unimpressed results and frustrating are my bad results.
Delighted/Want
  • Spa-Francorchamps
  • Istanbul
Neutral/Maybe-Want
  • Montréal
  • Phillip Island
  • Donington
  • Fuji
  • Zandvoort
  • Bathurst
Frustrated/Don't-Want
  • Singapore

:roflmao:
I still don't know how the next year's calendar will be voted, I will need to have a talk with the board. But there is plenty of time till that is going to happen.

TITLE FIGHT RIGHT TO THE END

RACE 2 RESULTS.PNG

In a dry race 2 the only results that mattered were the ones of Diehl, Mcnamara and Lintner. During the race the 2KF1's made their usual rush forwards whilst the Eipekkusu's has trouble moving past. That resulted in no points being scored, which could hount them in the championship. During lap 7 Engberink made a "mistake" in Pouhon and thereby let 3 of the 4 2KF1's through. Was it a deal?, who knows. In lap 8 the same happened with Cornes and Mcnamara. It looked as though, Cornes also wanted to help his fellow countryman as well as he could. Now, for the last race these are the driver standings.

RACE 2 DRIVERS.PNG
It has never been so exciting before in the GPTCC. After 4 years of dominance by the OMR's there are now 3 racers from 3 different teams who all have a very good chance at winning the title. As you can see above the points difference between Lintner and Diehl/Mcnamara is only 1!!! points. Though Lintner definitely has the best papers on clinching his first GPTCC title if you look at the race 3 grid, Diehl can make something happen but for Mcnamara it looks as though his title hopes are gone.

RACE 3 GRID.PNG

From what has been said above we can also say something about the teams and manufacturers.

RACE 2 TEAMS.PNG

2KF1 Racing has a very good chance of winning the title seeing as Keranen starts from pole and Mcnamara also starts in the points. Eipekkusu really has to step up their game if they want that title. The title chances for the Matador Falcon Racing Team are slim.

RACE 2 WMC.PNG

Mercedes has with the 2KF1's a pretty good chance of winning the manufacturers title, we can only wait and see what happens here.

Now on to my title predictions,
WDC:
1, P.Diehl
2. M.Lintner
3. J.Mcnamara

WCC:
1, 2KF1 Racing
2, Eipekkusu Racing
3, Matador Falcon Racing

WMC:
1. Mercedes
2. Audi
3, BMW

Thanks for tipping on Pablo, that made me smile :)
But
We need to either pass Lintner on-track or hope for a choke.
As James said, may the best man win!
edit: nah, James has the most speed :roflmao:

Ps: Falcon's chances are not only slim but impossible

Last edited:
I'm confident that James has the speed. If he can dispatch the Apexes quickly, which I feel he can, Pablo might not be too far away, and all of a sudden it's just Lintner.
Don't get me wrong, it would have been great if he was where I am and I where he is, but James is the dark horse and has nothing to lose. Bring it on.

yeah indeed, Lintner with track position and nice speed, Pablo in the middle, better speed and James down there with a lot of speed. All separated by 1 point so it's down to who finishes ahead of the other two :D
DNF for Mark, P15 for James, FL for Pablo and win for me. That would be cracking and realistic :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 138 86.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.0%