Grand Prix 4 Touring Car Championship - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys, may be a bit early but I want to solve the issues early so we don't end up having another season like this one.
We are at the point where we accept suggestions that should be made to the regulations, in order to stop OMR. As long as it's LEGAL, it should be considered by me.

Here are some I already thought of:
-For the first time just I will choose tracks, some tracks that I feel like won't suit OMR well at all. Spa-Francorchamps will have one season break, meaning it will not be on next year's calendar. Bathurst 1000 will remain, possibly become the last race. 10 races will make a comeback, too.
-Defending champion and his teammate posting buys at the last day of the marketplace means only 80% of his buys are accepted, and 100% money is taken. This doesn't include just OMR, and will take place in the future seasons too.
-Championship rewards: I did say they'll be given at race 1 instead of season start, now postponed to season end and lowered the reward. More info to follow.
-COF: Increased to 2200 and price lowered to -1 for 1$
-COF again: upgrading +1 BHP also means COF will be increased by 10
-BHP: Starting season BHP increased from 670 to so far an unknown number
-Possibility of having different chassis from every manufacter: A, B, C, D, etc., chosen at season start and can't be changed. Might not happen.
-7 gears? Crazy, but possible :laugh:
-Defending champion team punishment: won 1 title: +50 COF and -1 BHP.. won 2 titles: +100 COF and -2 BHP etc. Might not happen too.

Now "You posted it too late to discuss" is no longer an option. :laugh:

I am not a fan of some of these ideas, but hey, ideas to make it better is better than no ideas. Cause the current season is not the way we want to play this game i guess.

Still... Its quite a lot so i will save this somewhere and have a closer look at it later... Enough time to think and discuss about it, well done Milos ;)

-For the first time just I will choose tracks, some tracks that I feel like won't suit OMR well at all. Spa-Francorchamps will have one season break, meaning it will not be on next year's calendar. Bathurst 1000 will remain, possibly become the last race. 10 races will make a comeback, too.
Nope, against that.

-Defending champion and his teammate posting buys at the last day of the marketplace means only 80% of his buys are accepted, and 100% money is taken. This doesn't include just OMR, and will take place in the future seasons too.
Makes no sense imo.

-Championship rewards: I did say they'll be given at race 1 instead of season start, now postponed to season end and lowered the reward. More info to follow.
Don't get it.

-Defending champion team punishment: won 1 title: +50 COF and -1 BHP.. won 2 titles: +100 COF and -2 BHP etc. Might not happen too.
Nope.

Don't really care about the rest.

Punishing one team because they're doing way better than others is the typical FIA way. Didn't see that many complaints when Tyrrell & Williams were at the top for several seasons in the F1 career. Imo just lower the reward and adjust sponsors for next season, and wait whether it has an effect. Too many changes at once might screw up everything.

Nope, against that.
I was thinking to let 2-3 tracks to be chosen by you guys, sort of like Formula FG.
Makes no sense imo.
it does. So far posting buys last is very effective. Maybe not the best way to do it, but that's why I put it for discussion.
Don't get it.
well..
in your game the championship reward is given to use before race 1 of the folliwing season, so during the off-season after the cut-off. Before it's been discussed to maybe give these rewards after race 1 to make them less effective, and the field more equal at season start. But, now I put an idea to give the reward before the last race of the season, it still exists unlike in Formula FG where reward is added before the cut-off, and it shouldn't be overpowered this way.
as I said, might not happen, wasn't a big fan of it either but wanted to see what others think.

Punishing one team because they're doing way better than others is the typical FIA way. Didn't see that many complaints when Tyrrell & Williams were at the top for several seasons in the F1 career.
exactly, I wanted to do it the FIA way tbh :laugh: I just want somebody else to win a title, one different team..

exactly, I wanted to do it the FIA way tbh :laugh: I just want somebody else to win a title, one different team..
I agree with most points Tobi already said, but as i said, ill give a more detailed answer later on.

Keep in mind: I do not know anybody who loves the FIA, if you decide to go that way.... :p

More seriously: Yes, it would be nice to have more different winners. But i dont see a point in punishing one who just a) had luck b) made the best out of it. Or better said:
"Punishing one team because they're doing way better than others is the typical FIA way. Didn't see that many complaints when Tyrrell & Williams were at the top for several seasons in the F1 career. Imo just lower the reward and adjust sponsors for next season, and wait whether it has an effect. Too many changes at once might screw up everything."

More detailed answer later on :p

it does. So far posting buys last is very effective. Maybe not the best way to do it, but that's why I put it for discussion.
The buys remain the same, no matter whether they're done right after the market opens or just before it closes. It's not like the last team to post buys get an extra BHP :O_o:. I don't care that much about the buys of other teams, I have my own strategy. Just because OMR goes for +10 QBHP, I won't change my buys accordingly.

well..
in your game the championship reward is given to use before race 1 of the folliwing season, so during the off-season after the cut-off. Before it's been discussed to maybe give these rewards after race 1 to make them less effective, and the field more equal at season start. But, now I put an idea to give the reward before the last race of the season, it still exists unlike in Formula FG where reward is added before the cut-off, and it shouldn't be overpowered this way.
What's the point of the reward if I only have it for one race? Might as well give none at all then.

Ben&Tobi, seeing S2, 3, and 4 seems like I've been waiting for a change a bit too long.

Tobi, I see where you're coming from, let's see what others have to say about it. That's why it's still not final.

Ben, seeing S2, 3, and 4 seems like I've been waiting for a change a bit too long.

Tobi, I see where you're coming from, let's see what others have to say about it. That's why it's still not final.
Uhm, seeing S1, S2, S3 the championships were often exciting. S4 was the problem with the bigger rewards which we just used for our performance

if you mean season start, yes. About the rest, S1: Exciting. S2: OMR stormed away after Monaco. S3: OMR+Ben stormed away after race 5. S4: Total screw up, they're already gone :laugh:

Uhm, seeing S1, S2, S3 the championships were often exciting. S4 was the problem with the bigger rewards which we just used for our performance
Last season could have been way more exciting if not for my retirements in Australia R3 and Donington R2. At that point I even had more wins, main problem was that I was only in midfield whenever I didn't win.

the main problem about every season is that OMR's rivals always get unlucky. ART had a chance before the bad quali at Donington and the DNFs. 2KF1 also had a chance, but again DNFs.
OMR just didn't want to DNF..

What the heck has happened to this series. Half of those suggested changes are laughable.

You want an even playing field? Just do a full reset at the end of the season. No money carried over from this season into season 5 and remove monetary rewards for qualifying. Just my two cents.

I disagree with you Jack, but it's nice to see you're back here at least.

All the top teams this season had maximum budgets on both drivers, with the exception of 2KF1 who could've had ~100-150$ more. Not a fan of your idea at all.
Killing monetary rewards for qualifying won't make a difference tbh. People can still spam the qualifying BHP and skill, and with a good grid position can get their race objectives just like before. Just they get less reward than before, both OMR and others (ex. Donington: 6000-800$ sponsor-200$ pole=5000$, which is still a lot).

I disagree with you Jack, but it's nice to see you're back here at least.

All the top teams this season had maximum budgets on both drivers, with the exception of 2KF1 who could've had ~100-150$ more. Not a fan of your idea at all.
Killing monetary rewards for qualifying won't make a difference tbh. People can still spam the qualifying BHP and skill, and with a good grid position can get their race objectives just like before. Just they get less reward than before, both OMR and others (ex. Donington: 6000-800$ sponsor-200$ pole=5000$, which is still a lot).

But if no one takes any money into season 5 and all start with same amount then you can't complain, it will all just be down to the action on track. You're never going to stop people spam buying BHP because that's how you win in this series, but at least if everyone starts with the same budget you can get a level a playing field as possible.

To be frank punishing OMR for making perfectly legal buys is ludicrous.

it was all down to the action on-track the seasons before too. Other teams had a chance but always ended up getting unlucky.. and to be honest I either want to increase OMR's chances of getting unlucky or decrease the others, by legal actions.

it was all down to the action on-track the seasons before too. Other teams had a chance but always ended up getting unlucky..

Well then where is the need for these rules? It's not as though OMR cheated their way to 3 titles, they've always won them fair and square and to punish them for just being lucky doesn't make sense.

I stand by what I say when I suggested that the fairest way to level the playing field is just to do a full reset. If OMR win again so be it, but that way there can be no complaining about it.

I did think you were going to say that actually. If they got lucky for 4 seasons why not a 5th or 6th one too?
And I'd still complain tbh, I'm the race director and seeing the exact same team win all the time isn't that fun.. anyone loved Merc domination last season in F1? Even the drivers wanted a bit closer racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes