GT Sport Gran Turismo Sport Delayed Until 2017

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Gran Turismo Sport.jpg

Polyphony Digital founder Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed the upcoming Gran Turismo Sport title for PlayStation 4 has been delayed until 2017.

Initially due to ship in just two months time, Polyphony Digital have taken the big decision to delay release until 2017 while the studio iron out some last minute concerns with the game. Although delayed until next year, Polyphony have confirmed a version of the game will continue to be shown at various gaming events around the world, while a new release date has yet to be revealed.

GT Sport 2.jpg

Read the full statement from Kazunori Yamauchi below:

"I am sharing some news today that we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of Gran Turismo Sport to 2017. GT Sport is Polyphony’s foremost competitive gaming title, with high expectations from both the fans and from within our team.

From the start this title has been one of our most ambitious undertakings by using the latest technologies, such as physics-based rendering and sound simulations, and Scapes photo mode. In combining these features with a new Sport mode, we are offering a competitive gaming experience to truly reinvent what it means to be a racing game. We’ve been excited and humbled by the response each time that we’ve shared new gameplay with everyone.

However, as we approach our planned release date in November, we realize we need more time to perfect GT Sport, which we’ve already dedicated so much effort towards since announcing the title. We do not want to compromise the experience in any way. While we cannot confirm a new release date at this time, we are more committed than ever to making GT Sport the best Gran Turismo game to date.

GT Sport will continue to be shown at several gaming events around the world. I hope everyone has the opportunity to experience first-hand the yet-to-be revealed cutting edge experiences that will be achieved by GT Sport.

Thank you for all your continued support."
Check out the Gran Turismo series of games sub forum here at RaceDepartment. All the news and discussion to be found regarding the Polyphony Digital games can be found here. Have a look and join in the discussion today.

GT Sport 4.jpg GT Sport 2.jpg GT Sport 3.jpg Gran Turismo Sport.jpg

Disappointed about the delay? Are you looking forward to the game once it does release? Like the new direction GT is heading? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Where have we heard this before with this awful company.

I would say collectively disown this game, as you all know it will be a patched version of GT6, as the last few versions of the game have been large patches of the previous versions.

But sadly millions will hand over their hard earned.

People will give them **** for this... but any flack they cop now is 100000% better than releasing an unfinished/underpolished game. These guys cant afford another ****up like GT6 (aka GT5.1)

I can see Assetto Corsa taking most of the market share until GT Sport comes out, at least there is a title for the racing fans coming to the PS4 (apart from P-cars and Driveclub). Although, I agree that its the right thing to do to make sure that the game is released with more polish.

It is fairly true, GT6 contained a vast amount of cars simply ported over from GT5 with no interiors and inferior graphics, simply there to bolster up the cars they could be bothered to do properly, which was still a fair few, but then how many MX5's do you really need?

Polyphony have a long, long history of doing this kind of thing, so it is no surprise. Sadly I think some of it is genuinely a need to get things right, but some of it is also a hype generator to make you think you are getting something amazing, when you are in fact not.

As far as I'm concerned Gran Turismo died after 5 came out when they decided it was a great idea to have PS2 cars in a next gen game. GT has always been way behind its competitors since the 3rd gen never adding anything new that the community wants that other games have had for years. Plus the Vision GT thing was just a joke to make up for the lack of newer cars.

WHAT?! game delayed in 2016?! never heard off before! :O :whistling:
Early-access game as a 1.8 version in 2016? Must be a first!
As far as I'm concerned Gran Turismo died after 5 came out when they decided it was a great idea to have PS2 cars in a next gen game. GT has always been way behind its competitors since the 3rd gen never adding anything new that the community wants that other games have had for years. Plus the Vision GT thing was just a joke to make up for the lack of newer cars.
Well if GT died then AC never had a life. (Just randomly guessing that GT still has more daily players)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.