GPU and monitor combo

I am in the market for a new GPU and eventually triple monitors that will match up with said GPU. I presently run an NVidia GTX760. It does a nice job with most of the racing sims I run. iRacing, GSCX and R3E run nicely. However, I want to run everything as close to maxed out on triples as often as possible. pCars is a bit more demanding but still runs well on single screen. Any recommendations or links to reliable sources of information would be much appreciated. Right now I am considering the NVidia GTX 960. What are some of your thoughts.

I am also considering pricing out reasonably priced monitors. Bigger is better.

Also, I only simrace. No other "games". No FPS, no MMOs...nothing. Just simracing....and some basic video editing.

Last edited:
@SnappyDEe

You can try these. I use a GTX 980 but to be honest, at 1920x1080, your GTX 970 should still maintain 60fps with these settings.

2vis2gw.jpg

90nlw2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was looking to upgrade also.

Current setup:
i7 2700k
2 x reference 2GB 6970's, in crossfire.
3 x 23" 60hz Asus gaming monitors
I play games in 5760x1080 resolution.

I used to play shooter games. BF4 uses both cards. Some don't. But either way, my cards are good enough to play with no stutter, lag..... and no temperature issues.

I get 70 fps on low and 60 fps on medium, 50 fps on high settings in R3E with 4x AA. But it looks horrible to me. I see triangular artifacts on the sides of buildings, jagged lines everywhere and it's hard on my eyes. Also, my top card has started overheating (104C)
And R3E doesn't support crossfire.
When I tried 8x AA, the objects in video look much better, but I get 8 fps - unplayable.

Although, I would like to go Nvidia this time, the R9 290x 8GB card seems appealing - price wise ($390.00 USD).
1000mhz core clock
512 bit GDDR5
non-reference cooler and multi-cooling fans
I read that racing sims could use the extra vram for higher anti-aliasing. Did I mis-understand?

Based on the price of the R9 (above) If you had to buy a single card/single gpu solution, would you still go with the Nvidia GTX 980 4GB at $565 to $700.00?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back