rF2 GP2 Series 2010 @ Melbourne 2010 - Sun November 14th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Both races ruined by first lap carnage...that unfolded in front of me...standards?? Iam quite new to RD but is it normal here to ignore pit lane speeds, pull out of ones garage without so much as pausing to see if another car is coming down the pit lane..doing doughnuts out of the garage during qualiy/warmup, wrecking the car during Quali session then simply just jumping into another car by pressing esc... maybe its just me, but it seems to have a feel of whacky racers about it..

This is ridiculous, RD racing used to be clean, now as soon as anyone gets into a battle it seems that nobody can overtake without taking the other straight off the track. Also, those who are rejoining the track are doing so in a dangerous manner. I used to love racing here. I'm not going to donate anymore, because I'm not getting any fun out of RD anymore and I'm considering not racing here anymore

Well, First race, qualified 10th or so.. Come the Race, I lose connection around the first corner.. so had to wait for the 2nd race to come around.

Qualified 8th for that, then get caught up in a first lap incident and lose my front wing, managing to get back to the pits for a new one but forgot to check the fuel as it dumps another 25 extra litres into my tank that I didn't need. I was pootling around in the 38s, passing those who retire, pit for damage and was 11th at one stage until I fluff my braking point and spear into the armco, losing my front left and that was that. Still haven't finished a GP2 race yet, oh well.

Another night with gp2 mod.
I love this track, but this time I couldn't find my pace on it...
Q1- PB and P12...
R1- bad start and drop to almost last place and acident in T3...I was geting closer to one of the red&white car (think it was Paul) and we had big difference in the speed, and I assumed that this car is a bit damage and will stay on the inside and I went my racing line and when this guy went to the same line as me it was to late to avoid colizion. Sorry , that I hit You-It was my fault , You had full right to deffence your position in such way-even if You were much slower in this particular turn...Luckly impact wasn't so big and only I lost my wing:). I rejoined from the sand trap after You so hope-no regrets. Next time I will be more carefull in such cases. Later I span and lost rear wing and broke sups. Went to the pits and lost 1 lap to the leader...I was trying to finish the race but the car was very unstable and I lost it fiew times more-another pit stop:mad:. After second pit stop, even I was very carefull, I loost it again and scared (IThink) Philip and other blue car, so decided to press esc, cause didn't want to ruin somebody race.
Q2-worse time than Q1, but still P12:)-by the way some of us dont know how to behave in qualy, even if I'm slower than others, when I'm on my fast lap I hadn't to pass another cars especialy in the sector with many turns, so trying to overtake no matter what is very unfair. If You are faster, Youll have your occasion during qualy or race. In Practice I've always try to live place for faster ones. It's interesting that I didn't meet such behavior in other mods...
R2- another bad start from me and had been hit by somebody, but luckly no spin, lost wings or else...Somebody made big mess in T3 on the first lap-5 or 6 cars just in front of me in the midle of racing line, another lucky move by me and I drove further without any dimage. Back to the midle of the pack P11. I thought we will restart, but It didn' happened... Had my pace-at last and overtook guys who span...had a bit of fun with Martin, but he overtook me very fast. In the last turn one of the blue (I dont want to put names) cars scared me a lot. We almost crashed, when He was rejoining to the tarmac ( I had to go very wide in this turn and in the same time somebody overtake me on the out side- so it was scary-defo replay material) This time no regrets-we didn't crash, but You should be more carefull in the future. After 10 minutes of the race I was 5th or 6th with controlled gap in the back of 10-15 sec. And on this stage I made my first mistake in this race, a litle slide, not even spin, but in the bad place and I lost front wing and susp was broken....went to the pits and lost 3 or 4 places. But this time I was able to finish and It was P7:). One more: Its realy rud, as Lee said on the serwer to chat when the race lasts.
THX for good racing, I'm happy because of the big grid, but hope next time everybody will race with more respect to everyone.

Going to go to a slightly more 'open' circuit next week - clue: Martin's request :p.

After consulting the logs, some guys have been warned about chatting during the race (and also chatting too early at the end of the race). This is not acceptable and in this instance a warning has been served, in future harsher penalties may well be given.

Any incidents please PM me about, they will not got sorted if reports are not made. The infraction system is in place to keep driving standards high, please use it (outlined in post #1).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back