AC GP2 @ Brno - Fri 22nd August 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Nice racing @Kevin Hagendoorn sorry I didn't put up a fight the second time we met, lost concentration for a few laps when my GF turned off the lights :-P. I had great fun and I am really impressed by the overall pretty clean race.

Outstanding Qualy nothing wrong , and a really close @Akis Kevrekidis Good job m8!

Start was good, but also for @Frank van Oeveren and @Akis Kevrekidis.
Never would have thought Akis spun(?) in the early stages :( i was preparing for a race long attack, but there was instantly a gap when Akis faded away.

I was struggling in the first few laps whit me tyres and Fuel, so i spun and Frank overtook me.
eventually caught up to Frank, his pace was really consistent. was 2-3 laps behind him to see where i could safely overtake, but once i tryed it the first time i got abit early on the gas and got wide on the grass.

Frank passed me again and i could start over again! haha:laugh:
at around lap 17 i tryed again, This time in corner 2 and i kept it on the Road.
From there i was pushing for a gap and maintain it until the end! ( tyres where pretty bad the last 4 laps! )

Thanks for organizing this Race Frank! ;) it was alot of fun!
Hope to see you people around next time :thumbsup:

Fun race all :)
Hadn't done a single lap at Brno until practice began, so I used up as much time as possible just to learn the track in a car that is all kinds of unforgiving when you aren't going fast :p
Didn't really connect with the combo until my final quali lap right at the end of that session.
Race start went very well, managed to jump into 3rd at one point, but an off-track penalty put me down to 7th.
The rest of the race was great fun. Had wheel to wheel battles with @Adria Perez early in the race and with @Axel Moebius for about 10 laps in the middle of the race. After that was a great battle with @Karl Raper for the final podium place which was basically decided on Karl having more mistakes due to worn tires I'm guessing. I nearly lost 3rd place at the end after I touched @Robert Arlavi while lapping him on lap 29, but I recovered enough to hold the place.
Pretty happy with the result and I was even more surprised that I was very kind to my tyres when I'm normally a bit more of a tyre burner :p. All 4 tyres were at 94% at the end for me.
Congrats to Kevin for the win and thanks for hosting as always Frank. :)

@Kevin Hagendoorn gj and sorry for... disappointing you, but I always have trouble driving a single seater. I can do a flying lap with no problem but the race is another story. I end up spinning out way too many times!

Take a look at my tyres at the last phase of the race :whistling:
tyres.jpg

That was a fun race! And not that bad considering I downloaded the track and car 5 minutes before booking started.

Practising the start paid off and I managed to jump from P9 to P5. After @Akis Kevrekidis trip to the grass and @Karl Raper easily overtaking me I found myself pursuing @Justin Talent whom I managed to overtake due to a small mistake from him in the last turn. From there I tried to focus on not doing (big) mistakes and try to defend my P4 from Justin and @Axel Moebius, but my plan failed miserably when at lap 11 I did a gardening trip into the grass and then a second one a few corners later that putted me in 10th place. From there I went back to do high 1.39's and finished 7th.

But my tires ended at 95%, clearly indicating that I was not pushing the car at all and that I should be able to have a consistent pace of 38's.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back