1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

Got myself into rFactor at last

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Ries Notenboom, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decided I had to try the Endurance mod seeing them mint vids and all....already had rFactor but never got into it so reinstalled grabbed the mod and man its pretty darn good :)

However the FFB was utter crap but like to thank Ben Trusting as with his FFB setings I could actually feel the grip of thr tyres alot better.
    Might need some tweaking but at least its drivable now. Cheers !

Will need some time to learn to race in rFactor and all that but will be fun I reckon :rockon:

One thing that bugs the hell out of me...when driving in Cockpit view the camera shakes a freaking lot...alright sounds fair enough but on a TV screen this gives me a proper headache after a few laps and disorientates me lol...anyone know a workaround at that ?

2. Go into your control settings and click 'rates'. If I'm correct you can change things there :)

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Member Premium Member

That doesnt really help when you lower it to 0% there is still movement that gets annoying when you drive for a longer period of time.

Isnt there a setting in the .PLR file that kills any head movement?

4. Ries i got the same problem. But it's off for me now. Go indeed to the settings what Sander says. :) I have also done this, and there is almost no head movement for me now.

Got to your PLR file.

Documents -> Rfactor -> Userdata -> your name and then the PLR file and change Mult1 and 2 to zero.

Cockpit Vibration Mult1="1.00000" // Primary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
    Cockpit Vibration Freq1="31.00000" // Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)
    Cockpit Vibration Mult2="1.00000" // Secondary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
    Cockpit Vibration Freq2="37.00000" // Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation

5. Spot on there, setting them to 0 gets rid of that absurt shaking cockpit movement !!

Muchos Gracias :lamp:

6. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Thank you very much for this solution. Lots of drivers will be pleased with this info!:good:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.