Goodwood Festival of Speed 2017

Tracks Goodwood Festival of Speed 2017 1.13

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Gunnar333 have you thought of using stFlow to add some subtle rotational motion to the blurred helicopter blades? Also, with the latest shader patches, balloon motion is affected by wind, so in theory a static hovering helicopter (which is effectively a balloon) would move around if the wind was set with a large +/- variable.

@Gunnar333 have you thought of using stFlow to add some subtle rotational motion to the blurred helicopter blades? Also, with the latest shader patches, balloon motion is affected by wind, so in theory a static hovering helicopter (which is effectively a balloon) would move around if the wind was set with a large +/- variable.
Good idea with the blurred copter blades. Will try it. Will have to do the same trick as with the video walls, cause stFlow does only support translation not rotation.
The helicopter should already move effected by wind. But I still haven't tried yesterday's latest CSP update.

Good idea with the blurred copter blades. Will try it. Will have to do the same trick as with the video walls, cause stFlow does only support translation not rotation.
The helicopter should already move effected by wind. But I still haven't tried yesterday's latest CSP update.
Look forward to seeing the results!
What I meant about the helicopter motion was not adding any built-in movement into the config and just letting the +/- wind variable do all of the motion might make it look like it's hovering in one place back and forth rather than moving across the landscape. Not sure if yours is set up that way already or if it's set to patrol across the sky. This will of course depend on individual user's wind settings. I've always loved seeing helicopters in other sims (pCARS does them well) and think Kunos missed a trick by not implementing them. With stFlow now to animate the rotors and wind to affect the motion we might be able to have a reasonable facsimile. Good luck with the development.
:thumbsup:

Yes, it's just the flag shader, quickly oscillating, popping in and out of view through a static blurred rotor.

I developed it when I was working on Thomson Road, but never really found an opportunity to use it on any of my tracks.

Yes, it's just the flag shader, quickly oscillating, popping in and out of view through a static blurred rotor.

I developed it when I was working on Thomson Road, but never really found an opportunity to use it on any of my tracks.
So we might get into trouble with it because in newest CSP flag shader motion is affected by wind.

I don't know - you would have to test. I reinstalled AC a few weeks ago and haven't reinstalled Sol or CSP yet (as I am happy with the stability and the way AC now looks).

Why didn't you use it at Thomson Road? It looks great, the effect is really convincing.

Just saw a comment on the main thread and you mentioned to install stflow in your response, else it might crash.

I don't use Content Manager and don't have stflow installed, and I can assure you that everything runs fine at my end, including the animated screen.

Here is a little "How to install" for all of you having trouble:

copy the content folder in into your Assetto Corsa root folder: steamapps\common\assettocorsa
This will install all the standard track files

If you are a user of Content Manager and Custom Shader Patch you will have a folder called extension. So copy everything from extension folder there.
The extension files included baked texture shading (vao), lights and loading backgrounds
If you don't have these extension folder and only want to use this track with your stock Assetto Corsa you don't need to create this folder.

install "stFlow shader 1.0"
download it and copy the two folders also to steamapps\common\assettocorsa

system folder -> where the shader files used by the game are located
this one is important.

sdk folder -> for developer tools like ksEditor
you only need this if you use the sdk for AC

Now you should be good to run the Hill Climb!

If you want to try the flying hay bales option you have to edit the following lines in models_layout_a.ini and models_layout_a_wet.ini

change:
Code:
[MODEL_8]
FILE=Haybales2.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

to
Code:
[MODEL_8]
FILE=Movables.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

Thank you!

Hi .

Downloaded track and put it in track folder. When I try to find the track to race its not there.
Any ideas please. I have not had this problem before. I use the ac launcher.
Kenny.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 93 91.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 34 33.3%