Good and affordable gloves?

I often find that I under longer sessions I am sweating quite a bit of the hands making it uncomfortable and difficult to hold on to the wheel. That and the issue of me starting to get blisters in my hands.
I tried to use the ones I use when skiiing as they have a leather palm, are comfortable and not that very warm. But they where just a bit to much for this purpose.
Anyone got some advice for a pair of gloves, affordable, good grip on leather rim and are not to warm? What are rollerskate/ski's using summertime as I imagine they use something as the gloves are more for grip and avoid blisters?

Thanks, I will check what I can find in the sport store, not many karting/motorsport stores in the area unfortunately

You can easily find karting gloves on eBay or Amazon. They will more more pricey than gym gloves, but it also depends on how authentic you want things to look for that sim racing experience. Performance wise it's totally wasted, but hey that's the madness of simracing.

Upvote 0
I use mechanics' fingerless gloves:
https://www.amazon.com/Products-Grease-Monkey-Fingerless-Gloves/dp/B00BR1DP30

Fingerless lets you handle buttons & switches more easily, better for typing. Consider this particular brand as an example rather than the ideal because mine only lasted a year (and only used for simracing) before holes appeared at the thumb webbing.

I do have a pair of Sparco racing gloves for real racing... too bulky for simracing due to buttons and typing, not to mention hot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I use mechanics' fingerless gloves:
https://www.amazon.com/Products-Grease-Monkey-Fingerless-Gloves/dp/B00BR1DP30

Fingerless lets you handle buttons & switches more easily, better for typing. Consider this particular brand as an example rather than the ideal because mine only lasted a year (and only used for simracing) before holes appeared at the thumb webbing.

I do have a pair of Sparco racing gloves for real racing... too bulky for simracing due to buttons and typing, not to mention hot.
The mechanics ones didn't look so bad really and the price was nice. What broke them, seems or fabric wore off? Curious as will only be used for simracing aswell.
I think I will stay away from the the real racing gloves, being to warm is part of the problem already. Adding those gloves and my fingers will be cooked!:roflmao:

Upvote 0
Try your local motorcycle store. Added benefit is you can try them on. :thumbsup:
Now it been some years since I sold my bike and gear with it. I had no race inspired gear at all so the leather gloves I had was very comfortable for its purpose but they could be a bit warm on hot and sunny days.
I admit I haven't looked at mc gear since then but if I recall correctly most gloves was kind of bulky with added paddings as protection. Won't that be a problem with the quite small wheels (have Logitech G920).
And pricy! The stores here for sure know how to wiggle you out of any money you just might have left:(

Upvote 0
The mechanics ones didn't look so bad really and the price was nice. What broke them, seems or fabric wore off? Curious as will only be used for simracing aswell.
I think I will stay away from the the real racing gloves, being to warm is part of the problem already. Adding those gloves and my fingers will be cooked!:roflmao:

The seams held up. It's either very thin pliable leather or fake leather and they just wore through since there's no reinforcement. The reinforcement pads wear down and flake a bit, but don't wear through.

Analyzing it a bit more, it wore through at the pivot point for when I reach for the paddle shifter. Maybe adding DIY reinforcement there would be a good solution.

They are very comfortable and a visiting friend had no complaints when he tried them on the rig.

Edit: Spoke with my wife, the fabric expert in my family, and we brainstormed. Going to dig through old gloves and see if I can find some pliable scrap leather to glue on and determine whether glue will work in the long run or whether stitching in the reinforcement is mandatory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks all for the advices, it's much appreciated hearing pros and cons of each.
I settled for now with a pair of spinner gloves as price was ok, they felt comfortable, large areas with mesh(?) which gives a good stretch and ventilation and it was a local store (if you can call 65km away local) so I could get them without delay.
The padding for the palm was a bit thick but it serves it's purpose, I don't have that ache in the palms as before but it sure needs some hours to get used to driving with them.
https://www.xxl.se/bits-spinner-glove-sf-cykelhandske-kort/p/1118081_1_style

Upvote 0
Just to add to the brainstorming: I did some bmx dirt racing in the past and the gloves are really nice! Like some light version of motocross gloves.
Just a quick example: LINK

Upvote 0
I bought a pair of OMP KS-4 karting gloves recently from ebay. Cheapest OMP do and cheaper than sparco do. Some of the seams are a little rough, but they are comfortable enough for me and hold up well in longer sessions (I've done some 3-4 hrs hotlapping session in AC).

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back