Glitchy wheel rim reflections on some Kunos cars.

Hello there.

I don't know how to use this github-whatever thingy for CSP, but maybe someone here will have some advice for me, cause I suspect my problem could be CSP-related.

Since a couple of CSP versions ago, some of the vintage Kunos cars, which had rather reflective wheel rim textures to simulate alloys they were made of, change the rim colour and reflection quite considerably depending on wheel rotation speed. Granted, I understand that the game uses different texture for stationary wheel and different for rotating one, but it's just too much (especially for someone like me who likes watching replays a lot). See attached two screens with GT-40. Same happens on Ferrari 312T for example.

I use CSP v 0.1.77 + latest SOL (although I don't think that one should affect car's look?). I always update cars and tracks configs and VAOs to latest versions as well.

Do you guys know if this problem might be caused by some small obscure option buried somewhere in CSP? I tried a couple of older CSP versions (as far back as I could to keep compatibility with SOL), and checked both stock and custom skins, but the issue persisted. Or should I wait for the next CSP version, whenever it comes, and hope for the best?

Cheers,

Art

Attachments

• gt40 1.jpg
    gt40 1.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 36
  • gt40 2.jpg
    gt40 2.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?