• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

GizmoPower´s bot race

Discussion in 'Racer' started by GizmoPower, Dec 31, 2009.

1. GizmoPower

GizmoPower

Ratings:
    +9
    Closed
    See: GizmoPower´s hosting

Gizmopower´s server
    Join thru multiplayer in Racer menu

Status
    (You can also see status of race by dobbel clicking on the race in the lobby)

25.02.2011 Closed

Version: 0.8.31 CG
    Track: Carlswood_nt (Default in racer folder)
    Car: e30m3_race_v1.0
    Car.ini: Free to edit
    Bots: 1 boot
    Min players: 1
    Max players: 10

And remember: When a race is running the server will not appear. You´ll have to be patient and wait!

My site is still up hosting a few cars and tracks: http://home.broadpark.no/~gisljohn/

2. EngineOfDarkness

EngineOfDarkness

Ratings:
    +3
    Maybe ask some1 if you can use is Chevrolet Corvette C6? It's quite a nice car.

3. Jonny Wikdahl

Jonny Wikdahl

Ratings:
    +0
  4. GizmoPower

GizmoPower

Ratings:
    +9
    Hmmm. Thats wierd. Lambomurcielago and astonmartin should work. You need one of theese car in order to join but I will add some more!
    Just tried from home and I connect fine.

5. Jonny Wikdahl

Jonny Wikdahl

Ratings:
    +0
    wow it works now, it was partly my foult, wrong fouldername for the car ;)

6. GizmoPower

GizmoPower

Ratings:
    +9
    I would like to encourage people to state what they mean about todays multiplayer. The server has been running for a couple of months or so now and there is very little action.
    I know it might not be the right time to ask but I just wanted to get a discussion going!
    I can clearly see that we need more option to change cars/tracks. Today one get very bored just running the lambo again and again.
    I´ve tried with more cars, but it always select the first car listed in the server.ini and to change car you have to rename/remove the other cars wich is not an option!
    Looks like this:

server.ini
    So what do we need Ruud to look at to make Multiplayer rock?

I believe the most important move for now would be that a client can select on of the cars listed in the server.

I dont see any point running the server when no one plays. And I dont blame anyone, I find it a bit boring myself when everyone races the same car.

Maybe I have misundertstood the options in the server.ini If so I´ll be more than happy to be informed! :D

GP

Edit: Default car is now: ´bmwm3gtrptg´ And 4 bots to race against if only 1 client play!

7. Tiberius

Tiberius

Ratings:
    +0
    Gizmo, I've never tried multiplayer before but I promise I'll try and get online one day soon. At the moment I'm doing mainly modelling, so just firing up Racer to see how stuff looks ingame - haven't actually rigged up the wheel and driven around for a long time now :)

8. EngineOfDarkness

EngineOfDarkness

Ratings:
    +3
    I played a lot when it still worked. However it seems like we got like 1 step forward and three backwards, see problem with car selection.

I didn't really try the "new" multiplayer, partially also cause I am kinda angry that the old hosting options are gone (I do not want to be forced to open/ join some server by the lobby alone.

If you just want to have a small race you could simply host game before - tell mates the ip and it was done. Now I have to hope there is no new hidden bug in the lobby. And I can't even choose a different car.

9. GizmoPower

GizmoPower

Ratings:
    +9
    I´m really sorry but the server has been down a while. Dont know if I will get it up again. Maybe in the future. The reason is couse I am in a middle of a divorce. Hope you all understand. I am currently on the move and need to settle. But I am really happy about it so no prob! ;) I´ll be back!!

10. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Sorry to hear that Gizmo, oh well, good luck getting it back up soon!

11. Tiberius

Tiberius

Ratings:
    +0
    Gizmo: I'm surprised Fifty hasn't posted something here about Renault 5's, prostitutes and police officers as he did on my Capri thread on RSC..

Divorce and happy are conflicting words though - seriously man, hope it works out for you.

12. FiftyOrange

FiftyOrange

Ratings:
    +0
    Patience.
    That Renualt 5 turbo, what was that, around 400 bhp from an engine the size of a coke can? **** only knows how they did that.

Police officers are ****ing hypocrites, and I love them for it.

Prostitutes? The night is young...

13. FiftyOrange

FiftyOrange

Ratings:
    +0
    Divorces? I've had a couple. They're ugly, but not usually as ugly as the **** you're getting free from.

14. GizmoPower

GizmoPower

Ratings:
    +9
    LOL Yeah fifty youre right about that one!! I´m very happy now!! Allready found me a new one......! It went fast! But she is a catch for sure.. mmmm.... He he.

15. FiftyOrange

FiftyOrange

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still single after my last one, but I have a fun car, so I'm okay.

I have no idea how to join your bot races. Can you give me a quick "idiots guide" please?

16. GizmoPower

GizmoPower

Ratings:
    +9
    It´s not running atm.... I have moved so... Maybe some day I´ll get it up again, dont know.

17. GizmoPower

GizmoPower

Ratings:
    +9
    So...
    As you may have noticed I am carefully making my way back here after a few "things" :D
    I was thinking of setting up the server again.

But: Is there any point, will people use it?
    The server is running 24/7 anyway so hosting Racer wount matter for me.

I might try and set it up, ,if I remember but, it wount be at is best before my new line arrives.
    I am getting fiber 25/25 soon, I hope.
    Currently its only 8/0.8mb :(

So is it any point?

Edit: First post will be updated when/if active: http://www.racedepartment.com/racer/28469-gizmopower-s-bot-race.html#post462087

GizmoPower

18. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

Ratings:
    +286
    Hai dude,
    oh yes, please run your Bot again, it was a lot of fun!
    I tried a Bot too, but atm the PC is used by my son...so i can't run racer server....mybe in a week or so...
    My DSL is only 16/1,2...but i think it was good for 4-8 cars....
    How do you got your server running over a longer time?
    I had all time if a user disconect befor race end a crash....and all night...after the provider cut too.....is there a restart funktion, after a time out?

19. GizmoPower

GizmoPower

Ratings:
    +9
  20. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    I don't see it..