1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Ghetto G25 wheel button rigging using Simraceway controller?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Connor Caple, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Has anyone tried using the middle part of the Simraceway to ghetto mod some buttons onto a G25, for example. I'm considering trying it because I don't want to spend about £500 on a Thrustmaster rig with the F1 wheel and can't really see any other options at the moment.

[​IMG]
    It has every button and control I can think of on there. I'm pretty sure I could disassemble it, remove the handles and paddles and fit the button box onto the G25 wheel center. I think it's cabled, which can cause issues, but I'm pretty certain I could figure out a system that would stop the cable getting twisted all to hell, maybe lower the steering rotation max a little.

Another possibility would be to clap it to a panel on my driving rig so all the buttons would be accessible next to the wheel, but that wouldn't be as much fun. :D

I get these ideas sometimes - usually my wife just rolls her eyes at me - but a surprising number of them actually work. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Found two videos detailing three different ways of doing this - one of them very neat which turns it into a replacement G25 wheel, like the F1 wheel for the T500.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. I've decided for this solution a long time ago, but when i choose my g25 as master controller, in f1 2013 for example, the led lights wont work... if i choose the s1 as master Controller the ffb wont work... if anybody has an idea, how to get my leds to work, i'd be happy...
    I tried fanaleds, but finally my game crashes

Cheers, Ede

3. Im confused as to exactly what your trying to do

4. okay. thats a little bit tricky for me to subscribe. my last english lesson is nearly 20years ago...

I want to steer the game f1 20.. with my g25, on which is mounted my srw-s1. so far so good. everything works fine. but i don't get these leds to work. i don't have an idea, how to make it...

i hope, now you can understand me.

5. I found the solution in slimax manager 3.