getting the best from dbox 4250i: mount single display on the rig or not?

Hi guys,

At the moment I have my 32" samsung g7 monitor on a separate stand. I just use VR so it's not an issue to have it far from the wheel, but the stand is a bit cumbersome and I'd like to make it more compact mounting the current monitor on the rig itself, I think that monitor + mount should be ~12-14kg.
Now, my question is: should I avoid to put the monitor on the rig to get the best from the dbox 4250i actuators?
This is the weight that the actuators have at the moment (515, 543N front and 357-311N rear). These forces change based on the position of the actuators in the foot holder (just a slight movement and they change of 50N... negligible?). Putting the monitor on the rig should add weight on the front actuators (the first two on the left of the picture).

IMG_0777.jpeg

I've my 49" ultrawide mounted on the rig (with alu bracing arms under each side) and it's not even the slightest of problems for it. That said - if you dont use the monitor, why subject it any forces?

I jump between VR and using the UW depending on mood and the race.

My rig shows as follows:

Attachments

• image_2022-04-05_145153050.png
    image_2022-04-05_145153050.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I've my 49" ultrawide mounted on the rig (with alu bracing arms under each side) and it's not even the slightest of problems for it. That said - if you dont use the monitor, why subject it any forces?

I jump between VR and using the UW depending on mood and the race.

My rig shows as follows:
Thank you so much @ColinMac for the infos and the dbox details! I just wanted to get rid of the stand, but you are right... at the end having the stand is just less weight on the actuators :D

I do like mine better with the screen on board tho. :thumbsup:

I turned my 40/40 profiles from the stand into a screen mount by bolting the legs to the wheeldeck uprights lol !

I do like mine better with the screen on board tho. :thumbsup:

I turned my 40/40 profiles from the stand into a screen mount by bolting the legs to the wheeldeck uprights lol !

While playing today, my friends told me that the actuators were making the floor to vibrate a lot (quite noticeable also in other rooms )… I’m at the first floor of a building and hopefully I don’t have anyone below, but I’m just concerned that these vibrations would not damage the floor structure.

Does it happen to you as well and if yes have you put anything on the floor to absorb the vibrations?

I made a couple of boards - and carpeted them with a nice offcut of grey. I don't get masses of vibration but my overall strength of motion/vibration tends to be mid 40% ish.

I wanted to spread the weight of the rig - from four tiny feet to a larger MDF board which also may reduce vibration.

While playing today, my friends told me that the actuators were making the floor to vibrate a lot (quite noticeable also in other rooms )… I’m at the first floor of a building and hopefully I don’t have anyone below, but I’m just concerned that these vibrations would not damage the floor structure.

Does it happen to you as well and if yes have you put anything on the floor to absorb the vibrations?
I never found anything that completely removes the floor vibration.

The most effective thing I found were Diversitech MP4-E E.V.A. Anti-Vibration Pad. However they don't look good and they smell of rubber, months after purchase. It probably also absorbs some of the vibration that you want to feel.

Some other long-term D-Box users recommend Washing Machine anti-vibration feet.

I made a couple of boards - and carpeted them with a nice offcut of grey. I don't get masses of vibration but my overall strength of motion/vibration tends to be mid 40% ish.

I wanted to spread the weight of the rig - from four tiny feet to a larger MDF board which also may reduce vibration.

I never found anything that completely removes the floor vibration.

The most effective thing I found were Diversitech MP4-E E.V.A. Anti-Vibration Pad. However they don't look good and they smell of rubber, months after purchase. It probably also absorbs some of the vibration that you want to feel.

Some other long-term D-Box users recommend Washing Machine anti-vibration feet.

Thank you @ColinMac @Beef36 ! I will try to add a washing machine anti-vabration... but I also don't want to remove absorbe the vibrations I want to feel.

I'm not concern about the noise of vibration, below my floor there are only garages. But I'm trying to understand if these vibrations can create issues to the structure of the floor of my flat... I don't want to find my self in the garage below with my whole sim rig Do you think that these vibration could cause issues? Maybe I should call an engineer to evaluate the situation.

@ColinMac did you put the overall power to 40% or did you put all the different profile settings to 40%?
Almost all the settings in my profiles are ~40% but the overall power is at 100%.

Thanks again guys!

I have wood floors and no damage. But my floors have concrete underneath, so less of a concern about vibrations to the rest of the house.

In reality you can hear is elsewhere in the house. The solution is to turn down the intensity to help reduce that effect.

I have wood floors and no damage. But my floors have concrete underneath, so less of a concern about vibrations to the rest of the house.

In reality you can hear is elsewhere in the house. The solution is to turn down the intensity to help reduce that effect.
I have wooden floors + concrete underneath as well... What I've done that made a big difference is to turn down, from 40 to 12, the engine vibration. At the end the engine vibration is something I don't need that much. It gave me a waw effect at the beginning, but for a daily use it doesn't give me informations like road texture and suspensions.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.