• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Getting stuck during start-up

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Sleeker, May 2, 2016.

1. Sleeker

Sleeker
    Rudolph the Rednosed Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +30
    Hi folks,
    I downloaded automobilista from steam today, and while I try to start up the game I get this menu; "enter player name". I can type my name, but when I press enter it won't accept it and I have to leave the game via task manager. Is there any solution for this or am I doomed?:(

2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,315
    Sounds like a permission problem… Game is probably trying to write your profile in a folder where you don't have the rights to. It should have been solved in one of the last update: user folder is now in Documents folder exactly to avoid those kind of problems! Maybe try to run the game as administrator? Or ask in the official Reiza forum, I think they will be the most efficient to assist you! In any case I don't think you are doomed: I have seen people with the same kind of trouble and they solved it! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sleeker

Sleeker

Ratings:
    +30
    Thanks Alex.
    It seems like I can't run steam games as administrator. (When I right-click on the desktop icon it's not one of the options.)
    I'm going to ask on the Reiza forum. :geek:
    Thanks again!

4. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,315
    Mmm, maybe you need to right-click on the exe directly? Default path is something like
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\AMS.exe
    But yes, this is getting beyond my knowledge, I'm not the best for helping you here!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sleeker

Sleeker

Ratings:
    +30
    Thanks Alex! That worked! I had to open it like the way you suggested, fill in my name and the level and I could enter the game. After that I tried to start the game again with the desktop icon and there was no need anymore to run it as administrator. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1