• Race hard. Race fair.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting overtaken on a quali lap

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Lewis Fergusson, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Lewis Fergusson

Lewis Fergusson

Ratings:
    +1
    Is this an accepted thing to do if 2 drivers are on a quali hotlap? I can see both side of the argument so the overtaker is saying I was losing time behind him and the driver getting overtaken is getting held up while the other driver overtakes them.
    I ask this because I was overtaken on a improving quali lap for ngp sprint race yesterday and was wondering whether people think its good etiquette or not.

2. Simon Trendell

Simon Trendell

Ratings:
    +7
    It is not required for you to move out of the way of someone if you are on a hotlap, if you mess up or are on a out/inlap then you should.
    However I'd say you should only overtake someone on their hotlap if you can do so without affecting their lap because you should of created a gap for your hotlap so you wouldn't have this problem..

3. Jacco Cornelissen

Jacco Cornelissen

Ratings:
    +4
    Yep, i say wait and don't overtake create a gap and then go full speed:)

4. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ratings:
    +19
    I always create a gap. Warm me tyres until the last sector where I slow down for a gap of around 5 seconds before putting my foot on the right pedal.