F1 2010 Getting a good start?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

One thing i can not get the hold of yet is getting a good start. I would like some advice of how to get a good start when using no TCS, i cant remember the last time i gained a position on the drag to the first corner and 90% of the time i lose positions. I tend to hold my revs slightly short of the red zone and then try and feather the throttle when the lights go out. This doesnt appear to be working though and need to perfect it!! Any ideas where im going wrong?

Chris

hold throttle at about 50% and gradually increase as you accelerate. One thing I find as well is that you often have to manually change the throttle map setting to fast as soon as the lights go out.

I generally hold the revs at the big notch before half way (if that makes sense) and then if I start wheel spinning I slap it in 2nd gear. Probably not the best approach, but I don't often lose position when starting.

I usually change gears at 40MPH to 2nd, then at about 60-70MPH for 3rd from memory.

That's on the PS3 with no assists on and using a controller (not the ideal controlloing choice either!).

My starts with the default "non-modified" game were bad. No matter what I tried I would give up about 6 positions and maybe gain back 2 if I drove into turn #1 aggressive but clean. But then I installed the "FDD True AI" mod and (knock on wood) my starts seems a lot more fair now. Mod or not, one thing we need to do is avoid wheel spin and this is done by NOT being too abrupt with the accelerator on the start.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back