Gearshift Debounce in Formula Cars needs to be lowered

Chris

Premium
It feels like the gearshift debounce time needs to be reduced for most of the Formula cars in AMS. Particularly the Formula Extreme, V10, and Formula Reiza.

For many of the corners you're able to brake so late that you physically cannot get down the gears fast enough to be in the optimal gear for the corner. And if you try and shift down too fast, then the debounce kicks in and you need to shift again.

This is not a rev limiter-related issue as I let the revs drop significantly before taking the first downshift, it's definitely being limited by the game's shift debouncer (rejecting a gear change if it occurs within a certain amount of time of the previous change, primarily used to stop accidental double shifting).

I'm not one of those guys who smashes down through the gears, but in this instance you really do need to be able to downshift more quickly.

Last edited:
In the .plr file in the userdata/dedicatedserver folder there is this line

Repeat Shifts="4" // 0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed

Not sure if this is what you need or if it works but set it to 0 and try:)

I had felt this to be the case as well. I think the debounce on the FReiza in the last version of SCE I played before AMS launched was pretty bad too, more so than any other car.
Its not been as bad in AMS for me, in fact the FReiza is drivable now, but I see what @Chris Stacey is saying. I've been bumping into this effect occasionally in AMS.

I had felt this to be the case as well. I think the debounce on the FReiza in the last version of SCE I played before AMS launched was pretty bad too, more so than any other car.
Its not been as bad in AMS for me, in fact the FReiza is drivable now, but I see what @Chris Stacey is saying. I've been bumping into this effect occasionally in AMS.
Yeah actually I've just been testing the Formula Extreme and the Formula Reiza and it's no where near as bad as it was in GSCE, big improvement really, however I still sometimes am getting rejected shifts. The V10 is still needs to attention though.

Alright so it appears that the server PLR file doesn't actually regulate the Repeat Shift parameter, so whatever you have it set to in your own personal User Data PLR file, that is what will be applied on the server.

Perhaps this is a bug or issue that could be fixed? @Renato Simioni ?

Last edited:
That line in the PLR does help somewhat, but some of the formula cars are coded in a way that they simply downshift too slow, imo. Other sims with the fast formula cars have no problem with this issue.

Try rapid fire downshifting in the F-extreme or the 2017 not-f1 car (formula ultimate?). Even with 0ms debouncing, they just dont downshift fast enough.

I've brought this up in the backer forum, but nothing was done about this. Which is a bit sad, as it makes driving these cars awkward.

The PLR file is about your profile. I don't know why Tony said it was for servers.

There are two places where you can find it:

-AMS Instalation Folder\UserData\"YourName"\"YourName".PLR (if you run AMS in admin mode), or
-DocumentsFolder\AMS\UserData\"YourName"\"YourName".PLR (if not in admin mode)

Just open the file with notepad, find the specified line, change it with the correspondent number and save it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back