1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Passionate Volvo C30 driver Premium

View the Post on the Blog

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Bram Hengeveld

Got questions? Drop them below in the comments and Yoeri and me will do our best to answer them as best as we can.

3. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Premium Licensed

I hope that I'm able to race off line agains AI, I hate hotlapping and will be a no go for me.

4. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons Licensed

Just like i thought how it was going to be. :)

5. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo Licensed

That part about hotlaps being the main focus, that mean that the actual online racing is completely missing from the release? In that case, SimBins future is over... I doubt even casual gamers are looking for realistic hotlapping competitions instead of driver aid enabled real racing thus enabling the more hardcore gamers to have their own corner in the driver aid disabled racing leagues... With hotlapping only, i will immediately stop producing anything for SImBin and start looking for AC or rF2... And i think all modders will follow suit, we don't have any interest providing hotlap material ruined with driving aids...

6. Lee Ross

Lee Ross Licensed

BMW shots look wonderful. Shame if itr is only a TT game though but still worth looking out for

7. Jack Sargent

Jack Sargent Licensed

I am much more positive about this than I was previously. I am a huge fan of the RACE series and I think this will be a great successor to it.

8. Jack Sargent

Jack Sargent Licensed

Didn't clock the bit about hotlap only........................I doubt that will be true, surely there will be actual racing in the release??

9. Bram Hengeveld

Yes there will be actual racing in the release. We've edited the article above and rephrased it a bit as people don't read what is posted and jump conclusions lol.

We'll have to see how this works out for community racing like on RaceDepartment with the focus apparently also moving towards hotlaps and leaderboards. Nevertheless, RaceRoom Racing Experienced did breathe the fresh new and up-to-date atmosphere that SimBin needed after the RACE Series and will offer a complete multiplayer online racing environment.

10. Christopher Hall-Nelson

Christopher Hall-Nelson Premium Licensed

My gosh, I am sooo pleased i have a high end PC so ill be able to play all of the newest racing games to their full potential.

In competitive FPS, the best thing to do is turn off some detailing and switch off effects, but in racing titles, i always feel more is better.
    Get it looking and feeling as close to real as possible and the exprience becomes fuller, truer and more absorbing, helping the lap times come down and the smiles go up

:thumbsup:

11. Peter Koch

It looks great

After watching 50 times, this is what I want!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lee Ross

Lee Ross Licensed

It sounds bloody amazing! Great video find mate

13. Bram Hengeveld

Yeah the sounds are really impressive

14. Peter Koch

its better to F5 Facebook for news:)

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek RaceNut Premium Licensed

If they don't offer AI racing - then I'll pass on this and focus on AC. While I love the driving dynamics of iRacing, I just don't have the time to invest in practicing in order to be competitive online and hotlapping gets old quickly.

Otherwise, based on the video - it looks very interesting.

16. GallardoGT

GallardoGT

Thanks for this report. It's unbelievable that you are the only journalists that covers this important title to come. It looks very promising!

Btw, talking about driving aids, actually I find some steering aids quite realistic because steering in real live IS easy, it just depends how fast you go. So those aids are welcome when they compensate simulation with the real thing. I use one for GTR2, not de apex line of cource.

Still two question Bram:
    1 - How about adjust the cockpit view. Can you zoom in very deep and is it quite open to modify it?
    2 - Can you look into corner like GTR2.

17. Bram Hengeveld

First of all I need to repeat what we stated in the article that we really had limited time to test out all the features of the game. We did a couple of races on the free to play track that comes with the game release and a second track that was modeled just like a real road in Sweden (absolute blast btw as Yoer and me have driving that same road course years ago).

I can only guess about the answers to your question so Ill leave that to a simbin representative to answer. :)

18. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Premium Licensed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDNGdwc3mIo&hd=1
    DROOL!!!

19. Vinicius Ferreira

Vinicius Ferreira Licensed

Did you guys see anyother content besides of the videos? track or car? thx

20. Luke Walsh

Luke Walsh Licensed

looks very promising!

p.s. did anybody else notice that the steering wheel is floating in the second screenshot? :D