Gamescom: RaceRoom Racing Experience Hands-On

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Bram Hengeveld, Aug 17, 2012.

1. I will support this but if it is a replacement for GTR3 IDK to what extent. I really am not a big fan of F2P games but it's SimBin so I am loyal and will do my part but I will feel very cheated after all the hype up of GTR3 and if it never comes to be. It will be strike 1 for Klaus.
  2. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld pןǝʌǝbuǝɥ ɯɐɹq sɐ ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ uı uʍouʞ osןɐ Premium

SimBin never said that there will be no GTR3. Actually we asked specifically about it but for obvious reasons it was not possible to comment on it. Also quite logical as they are promoting RaceRoom Racing Experience at Gamescom.

The re-branded remark in the article was about some in-game buttons from the great looking game menu referred to GTR 3.
  3. @bram: you told us that aids were active...jay said that only the traction control was active. My thoughts are that this wouldnt be a real sim. what do you think? i mean against iracing and rfactor its really easy hm?
  4. Farrell Hudjik

Farrell Hudjik Licensed

The Graphics and sounda are.........sorry fell backwards off my seat..Beautiful. Just beautiful!!

Ya I remember from a post Simbin put up. Saw it at BSimracing. Apparantly the sounds for the cars were actually recorded live at the track for the replay blow buys for every car they were modelling. Wait tll you have that sucker blasting by through your 7.1 surround speakers..

I've always been a huge Simbin fan along wih ISI. Their AI in the sims were brilliant. Only problem for me is I'm from Canada. Have a 50mb download ISP with 3mb upload. I don't know if it was the distance I was from their Server farms, but the lag was aweful in online.

Raced rFactor with people all around the world and that sim online ran just as good as iRacing imho. Netcoding may not be Simbins strengths and I hope they get it right with this.

Also agree with you Bram on GTR3 not being dismissed. Simbin are a no hype, straight up developer who likes to keep things on lock until they are ready. Personally, I love that approach. So it looks like they are going sorta the iRacing/SimRaceWay direction with buy the cars and tracks you want. Hope they have some organized racing series, and league racing would be great through RD.

I stoked for this Autumn. So much good stuff releasing. Two thumbs up. :thumbsup: :geek:
  5. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Premium Licensed

Maybe Raceroom is a testing platform for new titles.
    Marcus Jaeger said that when Raceroom released last year, I think whe still get GTR3.

Found this at Raceroom
  6. Christopher Hall-Nelson

Christopher Hall-Nelson Premium Licensed

Can I just add this?: http://game.raceroom.com/
    The Audi R8 looks amazing!
  7. "...for free during the autumn of 2012 on Steam..." - It will come out during fall, or will be free to download at that time?
  8. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia Licensed

Jay Ekkel quote from Raceroom forum:
    He also said that much more info will follow now the Gamescom is over:thumbsup:.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Travis Petrovic

Travis Petrovic Premium Licensed

I especially like this part of Jay's quote: At this moment of time we do not comment on the status of GTR3 since we want full focus to be on RRR-E.
  10. Bram Hengeveld

11. Travis Petrovic

Ah, I missed that Bram :whistling:

Lots of confusion as to if RR-RE is GTR 3 across the internet, hopefully SimBin release a torrent of info to make things a lot clearer for Joe Average.
  12. Bram Hengeveld

To be honest its nobody else to blame for this confusion than SimBin themselves. They have first hyped GTR3, then deliberately went the vague road by releasing screenshots of what we thought was GTR3 but what turned out to be another game.

All explainable as they have a new owner and who pays decides :) Just a matter of continuing with clear communication from now on.

The Gamescom presentation was crystal clear though! Good efforts of all involved there. Jay, Diego, J-F, Ann-Sofie, Johan and Magnus who we all spoke to.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Travis Petrovic

Well said Bram. I agree 100% on the confusion being all down to SimBin management but it's heartening to know the presentation left you in no doubt about RR-RE and GTR 3 being 2 distinct titles.
  14. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford Premium Licensed

I'm way behind the times here but...what is the catch with this game being free? Nothing in life is free! :-S
  15. Tom Endres

Tom Endres Staff Emeritus

Free-to-play games are generally funded by microtransactions. Team Fortress 2, maybe the most prominent example by now, has it's own in-game item store which has been available even before the game went free-to-play. It's possible to buy items like hats, weapons and...well, mostly hats.

RRRE will probably have a base selection of cars and tracks but additional cars and tracks will cost a small fee, much like iRacing. Just without the subscription cost.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia Licensed

Hi Andrew.

RRRE will be free for the base content (not sure what that is yet) then additional content can be purchased seperately through "micro transactions" so you basically choose what content you do and don't want.

Though some people feel this is a way to make more money, but Simbin have never charged high prices on any full games, so I doubt extra content will be expensive;).

The game looks to have some very nice idea's though, bit like a cross between Simraceway (free base + extra content) and iRacing's community based racing and leaderboards etc!!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia Licensed

Lol!!

I type too slow and Tom beats me to it:laugh:.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I'd be very surprised if RRRE prices are as high as iRacing. First, they don't have the expense of laser scanning and second they are aiming at a far larger market so should sell more volume.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford Premium Licensed

thanks guys. another game to get excited about for 2013:thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1

Share with Friends