Game stutters - Help!

Sorry to ask for such low tech help but I am frustrated!

I have an IBM Thinkpad with the ATI Radeon 7500 graphics, 1.69 GHz,1GB RAM and
oodles of HD but when I run my old GTR or F1 Challenge games (which are within the
laptop specs)there are intermittent stutters or hesitations. I have tried adjusting the
graphics card for preformance, reducing the game graphic details, closed all active MS
programmes and stay off line with no apparent improvement. The hesitations are less
than a second 2-3 times per lap but very annoying. It does not get worse if I increase
the number of cars and the gameruns really well. Can anyone suggest where the problem
may be? Many thanks for any help offered.

Did they run better before? I ran GTR/Race 06 on my old PC, they didn't run very well (pretty low settings), but they worked.
It was a 1,7GHz AMD with a Radeon 9550 and 512MB RAM. I think it might be the video card causing the problem. Recommended CPU according to official system requirements is also 2Ghz. But since mine wasn't faster than yours it should work.

if it worked well before, but doesn't know, try to think about what has changed. If you haven't made any driver or hardware updates, then a reformat could solve your issue. But try to address hardware and driver issues first, as installing XP and all your programs takes a lifetime now (I'm on 8 hours and counting).

This could be related to windows looking for available wifi connections. If this is the case, there have been quite a number of posts all over the net to address this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back