1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Game freezes on race start

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Rowin Kennedy, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Rowin Kennedy

Rowin Kennedy

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I am having a problem at the moment, where the game crashes to the desktop during the race start. I'm not sure if it's a corrupted save, as the game loads fine, and everything works, up until the point where i start a race. The starting montage plays (where the camera pans over your competitors etc.) but when it flashes to your cockpit view, the game freezes, and I have to close the window.

It's really infuriating as I'm doing really well in the championship (3rd in a HRT, up to Suzuka) and I have no backups of my save...

I'm re-downloading the game from steam as we speak, but I'm not confident it will fix the problem... Any ideas?

Cheers

2. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Any mods installed? Normally this only affects online gaming, but you never know!

3. Rowin Kennedy

Rowin Kennedy

Ratings:
    +0
    Only RealAI. I've had it installed from Race 1, and it hasn't been an issue until now...

4. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Just checking. Hmm, it seems that a lot of people hit problems with the game stability or corrupted save data when they reach Suzuka!

Make sure your game is patched to 1.01 (I dont think Steam auto-updated mine so had to d/l from the Codies site) also check out the savegame fix in the Mods section of this forum.

5. Rowin Kennedy

Rowin Kennedy

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I'll check this out if re-installing doesn't help. :)

6. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Well, once you have re-installed, its advisible to install the patch and fix as a matter of course.

Good luck.