Game crashes on closing or alt+tab / Steering input issues

Hello! I'm very new to this sim, and there's a couple of major issues I've been having - namely, whenever I attempt to close the game, my computer gets stuck on a black screen, and the only way to recover from this is to force restart the computer. I've tried running it with dgVoodoo, to no positive effect. The effect doesn't occur in windowed mode, however the game refuses to open windowed even when I have the option selected.

The other big problem I'm having is that my steering input isn't matched by the game - when I turn my wheel by some amount, the in-game wheel turns by a fraction of that. This becomes much more of an issue at higher steering angles, where to reach steering lock at about 100 degrees to the left or right on the in-game wheel, I need to rotate my actual wheel (a Thrustmaster T300) all the way to either end of its 900 degree range. This disconnect between my real-life actions and the sim's response makes it harder to get a feel for what I'm driving, and also makes any quick, large inputs very difficult to perform.

If anyone has any solutions or advice for either of these issues, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Last edited:
Set your wheel rotation to 240°.
As to the other I'm not at my pc but from memory I think alt-tab was an issue with older ISI games.
Thank you for the help - I'm fine with not alt+tabbing, but the major problem is that it still freezes my computer in the same way when I close the game from the main menu. Do you know if there's anything I can do about this?
EDIT: I reinstalled the game, and the problem seems to have gone away for now.
EDIT 2: never mind, it's back.

Last edited:
if you need ALT-TAB why not run the game in a WINDOW instead of FULL SCREEN
Yeah, I've tried, but as I said in the main post, the game will not open windowed, no matter what I select in the video options - it just resets itself every time I try. I don't particularly need to alt+tab anyway - on top of this, the game went straight back to freezing my computer as before when I close it as soon as I configured my wheel again, so that's the main problem here.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 13397

my fault, i suggest
to delete your GPU & FFB & DX driver
and reinstall them

move or rename the directory R07 is installed
delete PLR and or config files

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No