1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G29/G290 read this

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by thepharcyde, Aug 18, 2017.

1. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +72
    sell, buy T300rs or tx with T3pa pedals !

I've been severely handicapped until now! Withing a few laps I'm beating my prior records easy! zero deadzone, able to brake so much later. Better Ffb it's made such a difference and reignited my crave for racing :)

2. HypoToad

HypoToad

Ratings:
    +50
    Good for you, from all reports they are much smoother than gear driven wheels, one day I may upgrade from my DFGT, even go for a Fanatec, did you ever try RasmusP's LUT files for your G29/920?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  3. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +72
    Yes chap; however I preferred my own generated Lut file :).

I did not want to spend a lot on a new wheel but I imagine the difference between a T300rs and a TS-pc, Fanatec etc would be equally impressive haha but I cannot justify the cost right now

4. HypoToad

HypoToad

Ratings:
    +50
    I know how you feel, I spent $60.00 on an as new DFGT, can't see myself spending over $500.00 anytime soon.

5. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +72
    I spent equivalent of $210, but it was second hand with minimal use and under a year old

6. Bliv AK

Bliv AK
    Bliv AK Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    I second this although I think the improvement has come from more time practicing. I too made the switch from G29 to T300 RS + T3PA pedals and the FFB and brake pedals (even without the rubber stopper) was what stood out much better.
    I've read horror stories about the T300s motor overheating so I cracked my casing open and run it that way lol

7. Kweel

Kweel

Ratings:
    +4
    No overheating with forced mode cooling ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +72
    I cannot say how it was usedbefore I got mine, but yes this is what I've done so far

9. Bliv AK

Bliv AK
    Bliv AK Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    I soon found out the fan kick in quite early and at full speed but too lazy to screw top back on lol

10. AmarildoJr

AmarildoJr

Ratings:
    +27
    I never experienced a deadzone in my G27, though.

And I simply hate the gear-driven noises the thing made :p So I did a few modifications to the motors and now it's not as nearly as noisy: for vibration, I can't hear them at all, only feel them. What I do hear is when there's a considerable difference of force between left and right (or the other way around), which is the sound the motors do when you move their shaft up and down the Z axis. I was able to remedy this on the left motor, but I forgot to do the same on the right motor (the one with the sensor), but I'll do it this week.

Then, no more noise.

But I agree, I'll probably not buy Logitech wheels anymore. I love their mice and keyboards (I still use a MX 310 from 2003 IIRC), but the wheels are not so high quality in terms of building decisions IMO. A proper belt-driven wheel would be nice.

11. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +72
    I've had a proper lot of sessions this weekend; no longer am I trailing min position with the demolition Derby lot but towards top. It's made a massive difference to my lap times.

12. Coffer

Coffer

Ratings:
    +69
    That wheel/pedal combination costs more than 3/4 of my salary. No way in hell am I ever going to consider it, especially if people are right about the motor overheating a lot.

13. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +72
    I think you will always hear when there are issues moreso than the universe.

I had a G27 that went wrong and was replaced by a G29, this also has recently started losing it's center point during racing meaning I had to unplug and replug the USB.

Unfortunately in this day and age things do break.

I've kept my fan on full blast, dont even notice it's on as I wear a headset or speakers are loud enough to not even notice.

Let's hope mine proves reliable