• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

G29/G290 read this

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by thepharcyde, Aug 18, 2017.

1. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +68
    sell, buy T300rs or tx with T3pa pedals !

I've been severely handicapped until now! Withing a few laps I'm beating my prior records easy! zero deadzone, able to brake so much later. Better Ffb it's made such a difference and reignited my crave for racing :)

2. HypoToad

HypoToad

Ratings:
    +50
    Good for you, from all reports they are much smoother than gear driven wheels, one day I may upgrade from my DFGT, even go for a Fanatec, did you ever try RasmusP's LUT files for your G29/920?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  3. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +68
    Yes chap; however I preferred my own generated Lut file :).

I did not want to spend a lot on a new wheel but I imagine the difference between a T300rs and a TS-pc, Fanatec etc would be equally impressive haha but I cannot justify the cost right now

4. HypoToad

HypoToad

Ratings:
    +50
    I know how you feel, I spent $60.00 on an as new DFGT, can't see myself spending over $500.00 anytime soon.

5. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +68
    I spent equivalent of $210, but it was second hand with minimal use and under a year old

6. Bliv AK

Bliv AK
    Bliv AK Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    I second this although I think the improvement has come from more time practicing. I too made the switch from G29 to T300 RS + T3PA pedals and the FFB and brake pedals (even without the rubber stopper) was what stood out much better.
    I've read horror stories about the T300s motor overheating so I cracked my casing open and run it that way lol

7. Kweel

Kweel

Ratings:
    +4
    No overheating with forced mode cooling ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +68
    I cannot say how it was usedbefore I got mine, but yes this is what I've done so far

9. Bliv AK

Bliv AK
    Bliv AK Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    I soon found out the fan kick in quite early and at full speed but too lazy to screw top back on lol

10. AmarildoJr

AmarildoJr

Ratings:
    +19
    I never experienced a deadzone in my G27, though.

And I simply hate the gear-driven noises the thing made :p So I did a few modifications to the motors and now it's not as nearly as noisy: for vibration, I can't hear them at all, only feel them. What I do hear is when there's a considerable difference of force between left and right (or the other way around), which is the sound the motors do when you move their shaft up and down the Z axis. I was able to remedy this on the left motor, but I forgot to do the same on the right motor (the one with the sensor), but I'll do it this week.

Then, no more noise.

But I agree, I'll probably not buy Logitech wheels anymore. I love their mice and keyboards (I still use a MX 310 from 2003 IIRC), but the wheels are not so high quality in terms of building decisions IMO. A proper belt-driven wheel would be nice.

11. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +68
    I've had a proper lot of sessions this weekend; no longer am I trailing min position with the demolition Derby lot but towards top. It's made a massive difference to my lap times.

12. Coffer

Coffer

Ratings:
    +69
    That wheel/pedal combination costs more than 3/4 of my salary. No way in hell am I ever going to consider it, especially if people are right about the motor overheating a lot.

13. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +68
    I think you will always hear when there are issues moreso than the universe.

I had a G27 that went wrong and was replaced by a G29, this also has recently started losing it's center point during racing meaning I had to unplug and replug the USB.

Unfortunately in this day and age things do break.

I've kept my fan on full blast, dont even notice it's on as I wear a headset or speakers are loud enough to not even notice.

Let's hope mine proves reliable