G29/G290 read this

sell, buy T300rs or tx with T3pa pedals !

I've been severely handicapped until now! Withing a few laps I'm beating my prior records easy! zero deadzone, able to brake so much later. Better Ffb it's made such a difference and reignited my crave for racing :)

Good for you, from all reports they are much smoother than gear driven wheels, one day I may upgrade from my DFGT, even go for a Fanatec, did you ever try RasmusP's LUT files for your G29/920?

Last edited:
Good for you, from all reports they are much smoother than gear driven wheels, one day I may upgrade from my DFGT, even go for a Fanatec, did you ever try RasmusP's LUT files for your G29/920?
Yes chap; however I preferred my own generated Lut file :).

I did not want to spend a lot on a new wheel but I imagine the difference between a T300rs and a TS-pc, Fanatec etc would be equally impressive haha but I cannot justify the cost right now

I second this although I think the improvement has come from more time practicing. I too made the switch from G29 to T300 RS + T3PA pedals and the FFB and brake pedals (even without the rubber stopper) was what stood out much better.
I've read horror stories about the T300s motor overheating so I cracked my casing open and run it that way lol

I never experienced a deadzone in my G27, though.

And I simply hate the gear-driven noises the thing made :p So I did a few modifications to the motors and now it's not as nearly as noisy: for vibration, I can't hear them at all, only feel them. What I do hear is when there's a considerable difference of force between left and right (or the other way around), which is the sound the motors do when you move their shaft up and down the Z axis. I was able to remedy this on the left motor, but I forgot to do the same on the right motor (the one with the sensor), but I'll do it this week.

Then, no more noise.

But I agree, I'll probably not buy Logitech wheels anymore. I love their mice and keyboards (I still use a MX 310 from 2003 IIRC), but the wheels are not so high quality in terms of building decisions IMO. A proper belt-driven wheel would be nice.

That wheel/pedal combination costs more than 3/4 of my salary. No way in hell am I ever going to consider it, especially if people are right about the motor overheating a lot.
I think you will always hear when there are issues moreso than the universe.

I had a G27 that went wrong and was replaced by a G29, this also has recently started losing it's center point during racing meaning I had to unplug and replug the USB.

Unfortunately in this day and age things do break.

I've kept my fan on full blast, dont even notice it's on as I wear a headset or speakers are loud enough to not even notice.

Let's hope mine proves reliable

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back