G25 profile for GTL

I received by G25 a couple days ago and have been practicing practicing and practicing. However, my lap times are still much longer than what they were with my previous wheel. Previously, I had the auto-clutch enabled and was shifting with paddles. With the G25 (auto-clutch disabled), I have to break so much earlier since I need more time to downshift. I dunno how I'm every going to get close to my previous times. :crying: I'm using a modified version of Warren Dawes' (thanks WD!) FFB settings. I'm currently comparing with the Alfa GTA @ Imola. Any tips would be much appreciated! :smile-big:

Previously, I had the auto-clutch enabled and was shifting with paddles. With the G25 (auto-clutch disabled), I have to break so much earlier since I need more time to downshift. ..... Any tips would be much appreciated! :smile-big:

I still use autoclutch for GTL, many of these cars are hard enough to pull up already, so autoclutch saves me from many nasty mishaps with early down-shifts.
The extra pressure from the brake spring can take some getting used to with the G25 (it's much stiffer), so you may be under-braking without realising it. As a test, you could try swapping the brake to the clutch pedal just to see. However, I wouldn't recommend that long term because once you get used to the stiffer brake pedal, it gives you more "progressive" control.

You could also use the paddles for changing, but it doesn't feel realistic with these older cars.
The G25 will probably just take a little time before you get used to it, but you will quickly grow to love it.

• Frank Herfjord

When adjusting steering rotation, it is essential to remember adjusting steering lock as well. Anything below 26deg or so is undriveable with 900deg lock. I usually use 29 to max lock, and always 900deg rotation. That's the closest I can get to real life atm.

The extra pressure from the brake spring can take some getting used to with the G25 (it's much stiffer), so you may be under-braking without realising it. As a test, you could try swapping the brake to the clutch pedal just to see. However, I wouldn't recommend that long term because once you get used to the stiffer brake pedal, it gives you more "progressive" control.

Excellent piece of advice. If you switch between sims, EVO, rFactor, GTL etc.... you'll notice the difference in the actual pressure needed to stop the different cars. I'm constantly "under braking" the first few laps after swapping from one sim to another, or if I just haven't played it for a few days. But you'll soon get in the swing of how much pressure is required.

Thank you very much, that is some great advice. I may try enabling auto-clutch, even though I don't really want to since it's so much fun having that responsibility. I suppose I just need some more practice. Thanks again. I hope to start racing online very soon.

I'm not quite sure what you meant by the following Frank:

When adjusting steering rotation, it is essential to remember adjusting steering lock as well. Anything below 26deg or so is undriveable with 900deg lock. I usually use 29 to max lock, and always 900deg rotation. That's the closest I can get to real life atm.

How do I modify "steering lock" to be above 26 deg? I only know about the rotation degrees in the profiler (Which I have at 900 - might be another reason for slower laps).

Here is mine Bram. I love it now, after following the tutorial I found at NG on how to set it up.
GTL has never felt better to me now.

Code:
FFB Device Type="4" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel, 2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="1" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="1.00000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.07000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.03500" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="0.30000" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent="0.75000" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="1.70000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="0.25000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6. How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.
FFB steer update thresh="0.0001500000" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="-0.15000" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.20000" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.40000" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.09000" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.02000" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.90000" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.09000" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.02000" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.25000" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.50000" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.70000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.07500" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="1.30000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

Hi, I really like your set up nice work but can you tell me what value in the PLR file i change to stop the wheel turning to one side and what value to set it at ?

It does it on the menu before you start the race it pulls to the right and while racing it feels like its pulling a little bit and for some reason when I straghten the wheel it shakes like I am on the grass can any one help with this ???

thanks and reagrds
Robert

....can you tell me what value in the PLR file i change to stop the wheel turning to one side and what value to set it at ?

It does it on the menu before you start the race it pulls to the right and while racing it feels like its pulling a little bit and for some reason when I straghten the wheel it shakes like I am on the grass can any one help with this ???

I don't think there is anything in the PLR file that can cause that problem. It sounds like a wheel calibration issue but, a couple of thinhgs to check:

In the game, under Options/Controls then Controller Force (3rd wheel icon at the bottom), do you have reverse effects ticked?
Have you tested the steering calibration in the game window under Controller Options?

Does it only do this with my FFB Profile, have you tested the game with a default profile?

I don't think there is anything in the PLR file that can cause that problem. It sounds like a wheel calibration issue but, a couple of thinhgs to check:

In the game, under Options/Controls then Controller Force (3rd wheel icon at the bottom), do you have reverse effects ticked?
Have you tested the steering calibration in the game window under Controller Options?

Does it only do this with my FFB Profile, have you tested the game with a default profile?

Thanks for the reply.
I have had this problem a few times in RACE 07 and R-FACTOR but it was to do with the overall effect stregth in the G25 profiler so I set it 100% and that usually fixed it but not with this and the defualt profiles work fine.

So I checked the calibration and everything is perfect bar a spiking clutch pedal and reversed effects ticked and no change so I then tested out RACE O7 and the problem was not present but my FFB setting were totally messed up it does this all the time.
I set my wheel up for R-FACTOR and then if I go on RACE 07 later the wheel setup I had for RACE07 are messed up.

So I deleted all the game profiles out of my G25 profiler and set the steering back 360DEG and presto it works its a bit light but its a worthy sacrifice if it gets rid or dimmes the anoying clunk you get when chaging direction.

I dont know why my settings get messed up from game to game I asume its somthing to do with the multiple game profiles in the G25 profiler but one thing is for sure its annoying as hell I have also treid unistalling the G25 softwear and reinstalling it and no change and I also have the update from the logitec web site so I am stumped and why this happining.

Anyone had trouble like this ????

I love the new world of PC sim racing its so much better than the PS3 but somtimes it can be really confussing and stressful lol.

Kind regards
Robert

Here is mine Bram. I love it now, after following the tutorial I found at NG on how to set it up.
GTL has never felt better to me now.

Code:
FFB Device Type="4" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel, 2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="1" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="1.00000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.07000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.03500" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="0.30000" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent="0.75000" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="1.70000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="0.25000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6. How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.
FFB steer update thresh="0.0001500000" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="-0.15000" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.20000" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.40000" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.09000" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.02000" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.90000" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.09000" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.02000" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.25000" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.50000" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.70000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.07500" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="1.30000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

Well, it certainly works for me, I like your G25 setup very much. Far better than a standard of what I have made. Thank you! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back