G25 / G27 - Windows 10 Clean Install - SOLVED (i hope!)

Ok so when you do the Upgrade to Win 10 your Wheel and the Logitech Profiler continue to work - great, fantastic Windows 10 Supports the G25 I thought.
Fast forwards 3 months while sorting a couple of things I decide to do a Clean Win 10 Install, only to find that my wheel is behaving as if the power supply has broken, I tinker and fiddle for ages and there is no way this thing will work, so I start searching the Internet.
Logitech is an obvious choice so I tap in G25 only to find the current software released in Jan 2016 does not support the G25 or G27, and prominent in the page is Logitech trying to sell me a G25 power supply.
You can scroll down and find older versions of the software - but select 64bit in the drop
down and you'll see as you click download it defaults to 32BIT - which won't work with mine and many other systems.
SOLUTION :
Draw you own conclusions on why the Logitech site is not working properly or why they have apparently stopped supporting the 25&27.
Further searching turned up this thread :
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logit...software-for-F310-Gamepad-Gaming/td-p/1384431
where a Logitech Employee has kindly provided a direct link to the 64BIT LGS5.1 software - download it - RIGHT CLICK THE FILE and CLICK PROPERTIES at the bottom - click COMPATABILITY tab - TICK the box "Run this program in compatability moder for" - and choose Windows 7 in the drop down - click APPLY - click OK then click or double click on the file to let it install.

I know many will know how to run in compatability mode - and will have their wheels working - this post is for any poor souls out there who, like I was an hour ago, think their wheel is either broken or will simply not work with Windows 10 - hopefullt it will do some good.

Had no issues here with Win10 x64 and official LGS from the Logitech site. It automatically popped up the good old Profiler after installation.

Upvote 0
Your post has me wondering why it appears to work for some but not all. So can you confirm ;
G25 or G27 ?
Which profiler it installed 5.10 is the latest, then they go to 8. something if you got one of the 8's working it would be good to know, as I had seen someone say somewhere that 8.58 might work, I tried 8.78 and my wheel is not detected by the Logitech software.
Also - it was a clean install and before or after 16 Jan, as I think that's the day they released the latest Logitech software.

Sorry for all the questions, I've seen a few posts in different places about problems with Win 10 and G25/27's, even one where someone claimed Logitech support told him he could solve it by buying a new wheel - that kind of got me on a mission to find out why.

Upvote 0
I have both a G25 and G27, the version the download site gave me is 5.10, and it worked flawlessly. Clean installation of Win10 x64 early December last year.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back