• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

G25/G27 pedals to USB - How to?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Leon Charmant, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant

Ratings:
    +284
    I'd like to use my G27 pedals as a standalone device (since I don't have a G27 wheel), so therefore I'll need to connect it to my PC directly via USB.

I know of the Bodnar cable, which does exactly that, but I'd like to try something else first. And, my question to you is...: will this also work?
    1. I'd connect my pedals to a female-to-female D-SUB 9 piece, as shown below.
      [​IMG]
    2. I'd connct this USB to D-SUB 9 adapter converter to the above piece, and then plug it directly into my PC with the USB end (a driver for this adapter is included).
      [​IMG]
    I don't know anything about hardware, so therefore I'd like to know if this would work exactly like the Bodnar cable would. In my mind it should, since I've essentially "converted" the pedals to USB via this 'chain', but I might as well be sure...

Thanks!

2. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +90
    Can't answer your question, but if you end up taking the Bodnar cable route i have a cable/adapter for both the pedals and the wheel, that i'm willing to let go in exchange for a small donation. ;) Cheers and good luck with your project!

EDIT: The other adapter is for the shifter of course and not the wheel...

• Like Like x 1
  3. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +461
    It won't work. The Bodnar cable also has some built-in electronics that translate the pedal signals to USB inputs, and comes with its own driver as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant

Ratings:
    +284
    Thanks for your reply! That was exactly the information I needed :)

I sent RaceWasGood a PM.

• Like Like x 2