G25 break pedal = me going nuts. Help!

I've read alot of Iracing info about going fast.
Getting break points and break modulation correct seems to be a crucial factor.
But I just can't figure out the setup for G25 break pedal.

I am now doing a calibration of the pedal any time I load a session. Prac, race, time trial, test. It seems to have solved my issue with varying amounts of brake pedal pressure required to hit the threshold.

Now I pretty much know how much I have to squeeze the pedal before they lock. Yes lock. Just about every time I press the pedal I hearing squealing and start to get very loose. I've tried various settings for the brake pedal from "0" to 1.80, 2.5, etc etc.

I sent email to the fellow that makes the G25 mod of a pot to a load cell but I see that he is backordered to the hilt.

With my constant fear of brake lockup I end up coasting to the apex, loosing tons of time and having drivers behind me get very close since they don't see my brake lights and are unable to judge that I might be considerably slower at the apex then they expect.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am enjoying the Iracing experience so far but if I can't get this break issue sorted out i can't see it lasting long.

Try Abdul's mod i did and it made a huge change and its really cheap if not free albeit a bit of time. I was amazed by the difference in brake precision, bad thing is after awhile you might want more... :) as i now got the AP brake mod, which is an electronic loadcell brake.

Thanks for the links guys. I did get improved laptimes at Limerock by calibrating and setting the pedal to "0". Actually I finally broke thur the 61 second laptime barrier! I will check out my local auto parts store for the exhaust hanger and maybe try that mod if I struggle at Okayama.

I picked up the Nixim brake mod a while back and once I got used to it saw a big improvement in my consistency. Well worth getting or indeed a home made jobbie like Abdul has done. You won't look back once fitted. I still adjust the brake pedal sensor in game depending on which car I am driving as I prefer quite a bit of travel on the pedal before locking up. Don't be afraid to experiment with that until you find something you are happy with.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back