G-SEAT

Hi guys, I started a thread on xsimulator to document my G-Seat project and I figured I would share it here too.

Inspired by years of studying others building parts for sim rigs I am going to attempt to stand on the shoulders of giants and push the envelope a bit with my g seat build. Giants the likes of @Michal Burisin, @RowanH, @Tronicgr_6DOF aka Thanos, seattime, yobuddy, @FlyPT, @HoiHman, @saxxon66, and many more who I've learned from and drawn inspiration from. Thank you guys!

I have been dreaming of doing this for some time and only now due to the passion and faith of a new friend can I see this project come to reality. I will be building one for him, then one for me.

Only after building a dbox/sfx style peg leg rig did I realize just how important a g seat and g helmet are to the experience. One of my goals for this project is to confirm my suspicion that the chassis motion should come only as the “dessert” of a motion sim while the gseat/helmet are the “meat and potatoes”.

I hope that my build log here will educate and inspire the way so many before have done for me.

My current idea is to combine a seat mover and a gseat for both the torso and the seat pan separably. I am also thinking the seat pan should be on sliders for surge. I will be using industrial servo motors from china.

Last edited:
Here are the motors and linkage for the gseat paddles and Torso mover.
20201211_092200.jpg
The wood plywood and 2x4 frame is nice for changing around the location of things while trying out ideas.

The addition of the torso mover solves the false cue you get while being pushed hard from the outside paddle during a turn or getting pushed forward during acceleration.

It works pretty well, plus it gives an excellent jolt from bumps to other cars or walls. The motors for the mover have a lot of smoothing applied while the paddles have lots of high frequency data in them.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea