FSR - Ash Racing Valencia Review

Ash Racing Valencia Review

Valencia. Home of the Americas Cup. In a month full of World Cup madness it was the turn of the new street track to entertain.

Since its introduction to the Formula 1 calendar a few years ago it hasn’t been the greatest hunting ground for many drivers. A lot of drivers and teams find it highly frustrating and somewhat boring track but the FSR drivers were hoping to change that.

Other than a scampering Bono Huis the field behind enjoyed a great battle, not least Lee Morris. With Samuel Libeert being AWOL and having no notice at all it was Lee that would lead the WC battle for Ash Racing. After massively impressing in testing with his exceptional low fuel pace it was clear to see Lee was really starting to kick start his season.

Qualifying would once again hinder Lee after he was far from his best and it left him down in a self-proclaimed disappointing 9th position. Just a tenth would have seen him nearer the Top 3. Nevertheless Lee was determined and while he battled majestically with the field it would be the disappointing grid position that would cost in the end. A top 5 looking good but things just not falling his way saw the Ash Racing car cross the line in a very respectable 7th place. Lee learning more about the car each time he drives it.

World Series would once again show our ever growing and strengthening line up. Florian would start with a mightily impressive 7th in qualifying in only his 2nd race. But similar to the first it would be the engine that would expire on him before the chequered flag, the impressive turn of speed showing what he could potentially achieve though. Caner would be even more unfortunate with a formation lap disconnection costing him any chance of competing from his 15th place grid spot. As for myself (Nick) I had a shocking qualifying even by my own standards. Low fuel just not my cup of tea this season and blighting me throughout. After battling through the mayhem of the first lap though I found myself up no less than 10 positions and starting to knock on the door of the Top 10. A brilliant battle would ensue with Patel and a few others but my brakes would take the toll and eventually fail on me. Something I had been massively struggling with all throughout practice.

Due to late allocation Craig was unable to compete in Valencia but is battling back to compete at Silverstone.

Overall again it was Solid for Ash. A word that seems to be repeated throughout this season but it is solid but we are striving for more every time we drive. We are nearing our goals it’s just getting over the line now.

Next for us is the team’s home Grand Prix…. Silverstone! With the new Arena layout being introduced this year also it is a completely new experience for everyone in the FSR field and it will be interesting to see who can come out on top. We hope we can impress at our home GP and kick start the second half of the season.

The Ash Racing Team

http://www.ashracing.org/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back