FSR 2012 Beta Mod Released

Yes, some Information on when the final Mod is going to be released would be very good. We are 15 days away from the start of the season, and from what I heard the Physics were changed quite massively since the beta release, so I think these changes should be made public very soon or just not be made at all.

I wouldn't say massively, but some things had to be revised. The whole process would be much faster if the wc testers were sharing some feedback, but it's not the case. Some of them have time to upload videos to youtube of themselves driving with FSR mod it seems, but not to share more feedback.

The changes we are working on are mainly for the wings and diffuser (the settings used from previous years weren't accurate at all), the rest will stay the same, with a small increase tire wear, around 15% more.

Why are those members who prefer uploading Videos of themself not removed and replaced by others? surely some WS or WT drivers would have been happy to join the mod group and give more useful feedback.

That is a great idea Johannes. FSR needs as much feedback as possible before the final release.

On another note, are we going to get SimSync working again anytime soon?

Yes, some Information on when the final Mod is going to be released would be very good. We are 15 days away from the start of the season, and from what I heard the Physics were changed quite massively since the beta release, so I think these changes should be made public very soon or just not be made at all.

I think the option should be the 2nd one "not be made at all". With so little time until the season start there shouldn't be any big changes to the mod physics. The teams are obviously already preparing themselves with the beta. After releasing the beta the Mod Team should only fix any possible issues and not make any big changes. Unfortunately, it seems the changes being made are quite significant and that might harm the teams preparation and destroy the initial good feedback of the beta.

I hope this is prevented.

If those changes are a step forward in quality I don't understand why we should keep with the released "beta" physics, with the only reason that we have "only" 2 weeks for the start of the season. The start of the season is soon, yes, but the season is long, and it's the same for everybody.

As far as I was informed, the changes are not really ready, so to make them ready might take another 3-5 days, then we have a Mod with just 1 week to go until the racing starts.

I´m with Pedro on this, we should stick with the beta and if there is a problem it can be fixed of course, but i didn´t hear of anything that needs fixing in the physics.

Regarding it´s the same for everyone, that´s not true. As you said some people only cared about their own testing, not about developing the Mod, so some teams, or rather one has accidentaly told they shared the mod in the whole team. That´s quite a massive advantage considering the short time others will have to prepare.

I write this post because I want to ask if it is possible to modify the actual cockpit view.

In my opinion the default point of the eye is too back and it limits the possibility of moving forward the seat. For me -100/0 is not enough because I don't feel it is a realistic view because the wheel of the car is very far away and little compared to my real wheel. Conversely If I move forward the eye default position, from my point of view, I have a more realistic view and the virtual wheel is more close to my monitor, also the size is more similar of the real wheel.

So, briefly, the "solution" is to modify the default position of the cockpit eye in the .cam file of the car. But doing that we cannot move the seat as back as we can with the original .cam file and I don't know if will be some people affected if the file is modified. Also I have to say that reducing the FOV isn't effective because I have only one monitor and if I reduce the FOV under 40 I lose the perspective of the track.

I leave you a video comparing the original and modified .cam file in both limits of seat adjustment with 50 of FOv.
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIqb72-NE2Q
http://www.mediafire.com/?8bdxcsh3qdplifl .CAM Modified file

Hi guys,just some outsider feedback,
i had a chance to test this mod and i must say, it is fantastic!!
car is an absolute pleasure to drive and i just can't stop lapping at Jerez
the only little complain i have is that the front tyres do seem to have more grip then they would need and i think overall the grip levels of this mod are insane,btw love the diffuser effect..u can get very early on the power ,also very well done on how u can catch the back in oversteer and snap oversteer. Car is very responsive to set up changes and its fun setting her up,i think overall this mod is absolutely fantastic,bravo to the guys that configured the physics,one of the best ive had

sorry had to give my positive feedback:)

I write this post because I want to ask if it is possible to modify the actual cockpit view.

In my opinion the default point of the eye is too back and it limits the possibility of moving forward the seat. For me -100/0 is not enough because I don't feel it is a realistic view because the wheel of the car is very far away and little compared to my real wheel. Conversely If I move forward the eye default position, from my point of view, I have a more realistic view and the virtual wheel is more close to my monitor, also the size is more similar of the real wheel.

So, briefly, the "solution" is to modify the default position of the cockpit eye in the .cam file of the car. But doing that we cannot move the seat as back as we can with the original .cam file and I don't know if will be some people affected if the file is modified. Also I have to say that reducing the FOV isn't effective because I have only one monitor and if I reduce the FOV under 40 I lose the perspective of the track.

I leave you a video comparing the original and modified .cam file in both limits of seat adjustment with 50 of FOv.
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIqb72-NE2Q
http://www.mediafire.com/?8bdxcsh3qdplifl .CAM Modified file
I have tried this and now I am more consistent and it generally gives me a better feel +1 from me.

My opinion is also that its good to drive. But it feels a bit to rally car idea. But the problem that some drivers have that the car is unstable then its their setup or style that makes the car unstable.

I can drive constant laptimes with the car with no unstable issues at all

oh, so I only get 2 weeks of testing b4 the season starts, how am i gonna do? Come on! You don't need 2 weeks, we all will be in the same boat, whats to complain? Actually better for teams like Precision, can test and work better than others. I don't understand the problem. Have a good season ya'll

Indeed, not everyone the same. The top teams would adapt faster for sure and have an advantage. Also, all the work of preparation done so far by the teams that need more time to prepare would be destroyed. And when you work hard and suddendely most of that work was for nothing it's very frustrating and nobody wants that.

The release of the beta was already at the limit of the acceptable time to prepare for a season (since we consider FSR to be a top and professional league), so releasing significant changes at this point, with so little time is unacceptable by FSR standards at least.

Besides, we can see the public feedback received by the beta was very positive. So, why change? You can't know if the changes are going to be an improvement, just because it feels good for a few guys in the test team. If those new changes bring negative public feedback that will harm the motivation for the season. A lot of drivers frustrated and many might give up signing up. It's never good to do significant changes when the time is so short.

On a 8 month championship, where you can test between races, I don't get why is so extremely important to release the mod as soon as possible, even if it has incorrect things on the physics of the car. If testing was banned during the season, like in F1, I can understand that pre-season would be very important, but that's not the case on simracing.

It's not a question about "why change"?, it's about why not finish something that it's not finished, because personally for me the beta mod wasn't finished, it brings some incorrect values (mainly on the aerodinamics of the car), that comes also from FSR 2011 and 2010 mods.

Having said this, the final release will be out soon, based mainly on the beta physics, with a few fixes that won't affect the handling of the car.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%