From HE shifter to Quaife Pro Sim Lite sequential shifter v2, worth the upgrade?

I know it's a lot of money, but I would really like to have a more realistic sequential shifter than the Heusinkveld model that I currently own. My main concern is the fact that I will be using the shifter with VR and noise-cancelling headphones, so I would not be able to hear the mechanism, which is one of the good things of the Pro Sim shifter. I suppose the differences in tactility and general behaviour will still be noticiable anyway. Do you think I should go for it? Any owner can tell me his experiences and feelings about this shifter?

Edit: I have also found the MF SSH14 Sequential Shifter by MANU-factory, which is less expensive, but looks and feels (supposedly), very realistic. However, it's may be too tall for my setup.

Last edited:
Well, actually, they are not noise-cancelling exactly, but closed circumaural headphones, so they isolate quite well from the sounds outside.

I have finally ordered the Quaife shifter. I will let you know my impressiones when it's home.

Upvote 0
Good choice! Please write a bit about the shifter when you get it. I've got the HE shifter as well, and as nice and durable it is, it doesn't offer much tactile feedback. For rally, I'd be interested in the Jinx shifters are well, but hard to find a good proper review.

Upvote 0
Sure, I will. There are already several reviews on youtube, but I'll try to give my personal view. Also, it would be a shame to own this great piece of hardware and not show off, hehe.

Upvote 0
I’m not a reviewer but can confirm that our PSL Lite Sequential Shifter is sublime. It’s totally mechanical. We did have the fanatec SQ and found it unpredictable plus after three months had to go back to be repaired. The PSL is unbelievable- feels very solid, very accurate. People complain about the noise On websites but honestly it’s not an issue in our home. My son uses it well past midnight, room next to ours and it’s not an issue. It’s mounted to a P1, no sound deadening. There is a guide on the ProSim website for bringing more deadening.

We dont have the extension nor the aluminium handle and i do t feel it’s necessary although that’s personal preference.

Attachments

• 234E61EE-0BCB-456A-B26A-56187A60FA1C.jpeg
    234E61EE-0BCB-456A-B26A-56187A60FA1C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 717
  • 17BB5B66-06D9-4D9A-89C1-738960B86038.jpeg
    17BB5B66-06D9-4D9A-89C1-738960B86038.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 497
Upvote 0
I went from the HE sequential to the ProSim v2 a couple of months back. The HE is a good solid shifter but I found it a little soft when I really wanted to feel the gear slamming in.

The ProSim lite v2 certainly has a better tactile feel to each shift, but with that comes more effort to make the shift and you can't slam down the gears as quickly as you can with the HE shifter (if you like using the seq in all cars regardless of their true setup that may be a slight issue).

I've been running GT3 cars for the last month and have been using paddle shifters, so I haven't played with the v2 much yet.
I used to use the HE for all cars including formula cars) because it was so easy to shift rapidly up and down through the gears, but since getting the v2 I find myself wanting to use the paddles more to keep up the pace. I think that's a good thing though because the sequential takes a little more effort now, shifting feels like it should in cars that actually use it.

Upvote 0
I know paddles are faster and even more comfortable. However, I have been using paddles for some months now and I feel like a I need something more physical. I do not race and I do not care about lap times, so I suppose slow gear changes will not be a problem. However, I will have to get used to the change from the short throw of the HE shifter. The more time I spend with this hobby the more I want to have fun and enjoy rather than seeking pure performance.

Upvote 0
The shifter is at home! Simply amazing! Heavy, tough, absolutelly mechanical, the gear engagement is very tactile, noisy and utterly dramatic, with a spectacular clack, very different from the soft end of the HE shifter. It simply doesn't look nor feel like a computer peripheral, but something that belongs in a real race car. The knob is comfortable, the shaft is absolutelly firm, the throw is perfect...I can't wait to install it on my rig. I'll have to, however, because I already ran out of aluminium profiles.

quaife-shifter.jpg

Upvote 0
Installed on my rig. I have used brackets made of thick aluminium and some custom 3D printed spacers to rotate the shifter towards the driver and thus improve the ergonomics. The knob has also been replaced. I made a bigger design, 3D printed it and painted it white.

quaife-installed-1.jpg

quaife-installed-2.jpg

I have also recorded a video, so that you can see it in action. I have sent the sound to the speakers, although I normaly use headphones, which makes the experience even better, because you cannot hear the load shifting noise, and you are left alone with its fantastic tactility.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back