AC Friendly Event: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Vallelunga - Fri 07/07/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
these are the setting i use so it automatically saves my replay
View attachment 198749
repaly-settings-in-ac-jpg.198749
Ok, thanks. How big is the replay file from this race with those settings?

ill have to check, im on my other pc, this way i get them all separate and can delete the practice or qually or race as desired instead of one big replay file, i find it much better this way..

ill post later the sizes of each one to give you an idea.:)

if contact is made, do not just stop your car dead in the road on the racing line, move to a safe area and wait ideally off the track, then both parties must wait until its safe to rejoin the track and then build up to race speed asap off the racing line.
hi @all @Rupe Wilson
this goes to me. I try to drive fair. So i have in a corner contact and it was my driving fault (appologize to @michael Rugenberg). So hearing your voice in my ears that the golden rule is to stop and wait for the driver to pass me i stop immediately. That was not the correct reaction as i know now. In the situation it was not clear before someone hits me and was angry on teamspeak what i really understood. I will learn and hopefully i react correct the next time.
That i hopefully in your eyes not drive like crazy here is the Video of the crash
- its 1 minute
i didn't realize that he doesn't accelaerate - but i have to stop elsewhere
hape

hi @all @Rupe Wilson
this goes to me. I try to drive fair. So i have in a corner contact and it was my driving fault (appologize to @michael Rugenberg). So hearing your voice in my ears that the golden rule is to stop and wait for the driver to pass me i stop immediately. That was not the correct reaction as i know now. In the situation it was not clear before someone hits me and was angry on teamspeak what i really understood. I will learn and hopefully i react correct the next time.
That i hopefully in your eyes not drive like crazy here is the Video of the crash
- its 1 minute
i didn't realize that he doesn't accelaerate - but i have to stop elsewhere
hape
In my opinion that's not even your fault Hape and I would have continued, that's coming from my POV though because he dived up inside me which caused this whole situation, probably someone else would say you should give the spot back, but it's hard for me to ignore it since I was dived :p

HI hape,
thanks for the vid :thumbsup:
let me first say as long as we learn for our mistakes its all good, We are all learning every race, you never stop learning things, on teampseak in a race its hard to have a full conversation so you find its a quick don't do that or this. there is nothing personal about it just a quick and simple message. :)

As for the incident , which was not your fault at all you was a victim of somebody trying to overtake in the wrong place. :) You was on the prefect line for the corner, the red car was also on a good line to defend the corner, and the other car well lets just say was in the wrong place, that was a accident waiting to happen.
he tried to overtake to late into the corner on a impossible line, :(
Yes you did get stopped by this car after he made contact with the red car. and you were in a no win situation as other cars were close behind you. You have already made a good point about your situation and next race you can adjust if needed, (but i hope you don't have to, ie, in getting caught up in somebody else's accident).

lets all remember the above and learn from it..
So if your involved in a accident please remember to move you car off the racing line and wait for the other driver to get going again,
if you are not the cause of the accident and a innocent party and have no were to go but hit the car, obviously try to avoid the car but you don't have to stop,
in Hape case he showed a great quality of sportsmanship by stopping and waiting :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

in Hape case he showed a great quality of sportsmanship by stopping and waiting :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
hi thx @Rupe Wilson and @Eddy_J1
this means a lot to me because i love to race with all of you because its very fair and this is racing. I will not be the one which destroys this nice events. So hopefully we will race again and if i made a contact (i can not say this will never happen again but i try to avoid this) i will leave the line and wait.
hape

Also the odd overtake where drivers failed to keep you car inside the track limits after making the pass. diving up the inside and running wide on the exit it not allowed.. you have not achieved a legal pass and should have given back the position..
Guilty as charged skip :whistling:
Had a quick flick through the replay and it was pretty clear to see where I should have lifted off. Went down the inside at the first right hander while trying to avoid contact but then ran wide before the 2nd part of the corner. The exit was compromised so was slightly slow down the next straight, but lifting off there to slow down a bit more would have helped reset the situation to try again later. Instead it just ended up being a bit messy...

hi @all @Rupe Wilson
@hape , thank you for reaching out to me, but honestly, it should have been me reaching out to you.

I was too eager to force a pass and as soon as the inside was defended I should have backed off. Instead I tried to get even further on the inside where there was no room. The result is visible in the replay.

Up till now I felt bad for the failed move, but looked back at a nice recovery throughout the remainder of the race. That was thinking it had only compromised my own race.
I realize now that that was not the case and that it also affected several other drivers. I did not notice you had hit me, nor that you decided to wait for me, so as soon as I saw a safe opportunity to continue the race I joined the track again.

By looking back at the pile up I caused in that hairpin I feel I owe you all a true apology. I'll try to take lessons from this.
Bows head in shame and says sorry. :notworthy:

I'm new to AC, does the shifting method affect acceleration a small amount? Are people (especially the fastest) using paddles, clutch and h shifter, etc?

Me too. I know I sometimes get beaten by people with h-shifters (mine's stuffed in the wardrobe) but I don't think I'd be quicker with it because I rely on left-foot braking a lot and I doubt if that's really feasible (for me anyway) with clutch and h-shifter...

clutch and Stick shift for me, i miss the odd gear hear and there, but i just like the feeling of doing it over paddles,
even though in all honesty im probably a tiny little bit quicker with paddles.

Thanks for the input guys! I know on some sims it is marginally slower using the clutch and h shifter than paddles. Of course sometimes it's just more fun to use the h pattern and clutch anyways. Really I was just curious how far off the pace I was :)

Thanks for the input guys! I know on some sims it is marginally slower using the clutch and h shifter than paddles. Of course sometimes it's just more fun to use the h pattern and clutch anyways. Really I was just curious how far off the pace I was :)
Just make sure to activate auto blip and auto lift. Otherwise it's quite strange with the paddles!

i would drive all cars even the tt cup car with a stick shift if i could, its only by using that car for several weeks i have got used to paddles, i kept taking my hand off the wheel to try and change on my shifter wondering why it did not change gear, and then fumble with a padle to change,,, redlining the thing so many times..

Just make sure to activate auto blip and auto lift. Otherwise it's quite strange with the paddles!
and then remember to taken them off again when using my stick shift, usually after i have entered the server signed in as admin done a lap and then i realise ....grrrrrrrr sign out the server and start again :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
and then remember to taken them off again when using my stick shift, usually after i have entered the server signed in as admin done a lap and then i realise ....grrrrrrrr sign out the server and start again :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Same for me at Nürburgring, but it was off and I'm using paddles.. Couldn't stand that revving Sound when upshifting...
*click* drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :cautious::whistling::roflmao:
Oh and did I tell that I spun 4x in the first turn the moment I shifted down?

Last edited:
I have to use the paddles due to pets and cables ... However, I've found that even with auto lift and auto blip on manually lifting and blipping for up and down shifts makes shifting much smoother.

With manual gearboxes that is.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back