1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Fresh AC install...

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by tjc, Jan 10, 2016.

1. tjc

Hi all...

I want to do a "fresh" install of AC as I`ve been messing about with files and adding graphics mods etc and also been away from AC for a few weeks and would just like to start again now that I`m a bit more familiar with how things work in AC so I`m wondering what would be the best way to do this...

I have a backup of the AC main directory but I`m not sure if this will work as there have been a few updates to AC since I made that backup. If that would work I could just copy over that backup as it`s a "clean" backup iirc, made when I first got AC but as I say, I`m not sure if using that will work.

Anyway, any advice on how to basically start over with a fresh install of AC would be very much appreciated.

I looked at the FAQ`s for Format and reinstall but not sure if this related to a fresh game install or a Windows reinstall...

tj. :)
  2. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff Premium Member

Go to your steam library, right click on AC, select game properties, go to local files, select the option to delete local files.

Backup your documents/Assetto Corsa folder if you want to save your setups and replays.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tjc

Thanks for the reply.

Will give this a go. :)
  4. tjc

Just wondering here, will I have to re-install cars/mods/skins etc if I do this?

(Still a bit of a AC noob lol)

5. Of course, you are starting with a clean install.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. tjc

Yeah I know... oh well it`ll be a lot of re-installing but worth it...