General Free alternative for photoshop

Brownninja97

Premium
Noticed a lot of people every now and then complain about not having access to photoshop, cs2 is slow as hell and gimp is just well ugh.

Anyways ive been searching around for free alternatives since ive been at home 150 miles away from my computer with a valid adobe account for the next few weeks

So I came across photopea

Has support for all the psd, pngs, dds etc etc that you will encounter in AC so I thought id recommend it, its not fantastic but its free and a decent alternative with a recognizable GUI that works in a pinch

53babf4d404897c97f5561439b4a871a.png

The DDS will default to DXT5 without mipmapping which is nice as well.

Ive only used it for around 2 hours so theres probably some blatant short coming ive not noticed yet though.

Last edited:
Noticed a lot of people every now and then complain about not having access to photoshop, cs2 is slow as hell and gimp is just well ugh.

Anyways ive been searching around for free alternatives since ive been at home 150 miles away from my computer with a valid adobe account for the next few weeks

So I came across photopea

Has support for all the psd, pngs, dds etc etc that you will encounter in AC so I thought id recommend it, its not fantastic but its free and a decent alternative with a recognizable GUI that works in a pinch

53babf4d404897c97f5561439b4a871a.png

The DDS will default to DXT5 without mipmapping with is nice as well.

Ive only used it for around 2 hours so theres probably some blatant short coming ive not noticed yet though.
Thanks! Seems like a great option for Linux. Only need to boot windows for the game itself :whistling:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back