1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pedro van Baelen, Jan 20, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

with fraps u can capture ure own ingame footage to a .AVI file
    watch out even a small movie of 10min can run up to a few gig

download here
  2. yes i have fraps. in order to upload to youtube or other, it wont let you upload a 2 gig file! so you have to run it through windows movie maker and 'Save to My Computer' option down the left hand side. it is then only about 3 mb. all done! :D
  3. Music videos here we come!
  4. Fraps not working with GTR 2

as the title says, after finally re-installed GTR 2 i wanted to check what fps i got now in this game, but it is not operating under GTR 2 for unkown reasons to me. Neither in the game i cant get on the screen the fps values neither on the LCD of my G1 keyboard it is not working. In Race 07 it works without any issues.

5. Use GTR 2 own frame counter-->Ctrl+F

6. oki, thx
  7. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Better than fraps?

Hi guys,

Im working on a project that needs to be shot in high resolution, i.e my standard 1440 x 900 setup, FRAPS will only record upto a max of and I quote

Is there any software avaliable that I can record at my native 1440 x 900?
    If you use anything other than FRAPS please shout up, I would like to try all options :)

8. i thought fraps records at the resolution that you are running the game/video
  9. Can't you use the default in game button, and then convert with photo shop to the right file type?
  10. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Not if its higher than 1280x720, It will half size the movie.
  11. Pressing F12 25 times a second is not a quite appropriate way of recording movies :)
    But I do not know an alternative to fraps though...
  12. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

I think he wants a movie, not a screenshot.

I will try to search for another capture proggie mate.
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

I always use snagit for capture, microsoft has their tool too, it's free, dont remember the name and i guess i posted it here on the forum long time ago.
  14. Hey. I'm trying to a compilation video for GTR Evo using Adobe Premiere Pro but when I import Fraps' .avi videos into it, they appear very pixely but only when playing. Paused it looks fine.

Help please :D
  15. Try export with different format like Quicktime and Windows media. Make sure your framesize and bitrate (or quality setting) is high enough.

16. Not sure exactly what this does, but have you got "high quality replays" selected in the options in game?

Also check the options for exporting your video from fraps ... and check you have the same number of FPS (24 PAL, 29 NTSC, 30 Fraps default I think??)

Not done much of replay editing yet, so these are just random thoughts ... keep thinking I will do some soon, but time is usually lacking :D
  17. Yeh I have "high quality replays" and my video settings or whatever are: 640 x 480 pixels and 20 fps.
    Should I try converting them? If so, what format should I use?
  18. Bump.
  19. Here are the settings which I use.
    GTR:E resolution-->848x480 32bit
    Premiere Elements export settings-->WMV, 640x360, bitrate 2000-4000Kbps
    Fraps Movies--> Full-size, 25 fps

Attached Files:

20. PXA

GTR Evolution crashes all the time when I'm trying to record a replay with FRAPS. I'm using FRAPS 2.9.3

Can anybody help me solve this problem?