Frame rate causing choppy graphics

Surprisingly, I'am playing Race 07 with a run of the mill laptop. A HP G60 634a and surprisingly runs good for the most part(i have lot of settings turned down or off) ,but when i try to race on some of the tracks i download the frame rate reduces causing choppy graphics,mind you it does not do that with the tracks that are already on the game. So i'm stuck??????????.

Some of the tracks you can download are a lot more graphics intensive than the tracks that came with the game. Blame it on the modders wanting their tracks to look nice :) That being said if you already have all of your settings turned down or off, then you may be stuck :(

Some of the tracks you can download are a lot more graphics intensive than the tracks that came with the game. Blame it on the modders wanting their tracks to look nice :) That being said if you already have all of your settings turned down or off, then you may be stuck :(

Well im interested in buying a tower seeing that i'm loving this game. I'm currently eyeing a HP 6630 or 6640f i think that was model. Its only $700, I cant spend too much $$$$$$ i bought G27 three weeks ago so if i can keep it to about $1200 max i'll be happy. Or i can upgrade my girlfriends desktop its only two years old, shouldn't be too difficult or expensive right????. either way i just want to be able to enter races without any hickups.

Hiroshi, try cyberpowerpc.com
You can pretty much design your own computer and they'll build it for you. That's how I got mine. I think you get a lot more bang for your buck compared to buying a pre-made computer like HP or Dell because you don't have to go back and do upgrades.

I had originally planned on building my own, but it ended up costing about the same to have them build it for me, then you have customer support in case anything goes wrong.

Just a thought...

Hiroshi, try cyberpowerpc.com
You can pretty much design your own computer and they'll build it for you. That's how I got mine. I think you get a lot more bang for your buck compared to buying a pre-made computer like HP or Dell because you don't have to go back and do upgrades.

I had originally planned on building my own, but it ended up costing about the same to have them build it for me, then you have customer support in case anything goes wrong.

Just a thought...

And a good thought it is Thanks. I will look into it.

Upgrading her PC could be easy, or not depending on what her system has in it already. The main thing would be to look at the power from the power supply unit to be sure it is strong enough, and to find out what the motherboard is capable of handling as far as better CPU's and graphics cards. Once you know that, you will have a good idea on what you will need to look at for your upgrade.

Hey Jim how are you? so im looking at a Best Buy flyer and there is a HP-541F. It has AMD Phenom II 1045T 6core processor, 8GB of ram ,1tb HDD and AMD Radeon HD6770 for graphics. 23 inch monitor is included as well.It's $1199 but my GF is willing to chip in $300 towards new computer rather than trying to upgrade hers and i have @$150 of credit at Best Buy. I'm thinking this computer is the one for me. Im not looking to have a serious cockpit setup(i'm not allowed:frown:space is a issue) so i think this computer is good enough for me(us). what to you think?

Based on the specs you list, this should be a nice system as long as it is using a 64bit version of windows. If it doesn't, then you are not going to see the full 8 gigs of ram. The price isn't too awful either, so as long as you can afford it, you shouldn't be disappointed with it. The current versions of all games are not going to see a huge improvement with a 6 core processor yet, but given a little bit of time to where they are optimized for the extra cores you should see some nice stuff. The main advantage to that system is going to be the warranty as well as the lack of need to upgrade for a bit of time.

Based on the specs you list, this should be a nice system as long as it is using a 64bit version of windows. If it doesn't, then you are not going to see the full 8 gigs of ram. The price isn't too awful either, so as long as you can afford it, you shouldn't be disappointed with it. The current versions of all games are not going to see a huge improvement with a 6 core processor yet, but given a little bit of time to where they are optimized for the extra cores you should see some nice stuff. The main advantage to that system is going to be the warranty as well as the lack of need to upgrade for a bit of time.

Should have her by next weekend!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back