FM7 Forza Motorsport 7 Demo Released!

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
FM7 Demo Released.jpg

The most rare of rare items in the world of modern gaming is here... Forza Motorsport DEMO now available for Xbox One and PC has been released.

Plenty of people will have a very keen eye on what Turn 10 Studios have to offer with the latest Forza Motorsport game, not least because this will mark the first occasion a fully fledged Forza game has appeared on Window 10 PC, and so confident in the product are Turn 10 that the development team have released something not seen for many a year... a demo!

Released a couple of days ago, the demo for Forza Motorsport 7 is an interesting reflection on a game that is looking to go big on diversity in both the car and track offering when it releases at the end of this month. Featuring three very different vehicles on three very different racing locations, with a mix of weather effects and atmospheric conditions, the new demo does indeed offer a very interesting peak into what players can expect when the full game launches for Xbox One and PC this September 29th.

Forza Motorsport 7 will release on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Windows 10 PC September 29th.

FM7 Demo Released 2.png
FM7 Demo Released 3.png
FM7 Demo Released 4.png

Check out the new Forza Motorsport 7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions as more details reveal on this exciting new title. Join in with the community, catch up on the news and have yourself an exciting time while we await the game launch on October 3rd.

Have you tried the new demo? What are your impressions of the game so far? Can Forza 7 rival Assetto Corsa and PCARS 2 on console? Can the game break into the competitive PC racing marketplace? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Tried the demo on my PC. Rock solid 60FPS. Very very nice graphics, I have to say!
The only issue I had was with my Play2 pad with adapter. Turning it on basically messes up with the keyboard layout and makes mouse to flicker. Adjusting the deadzones, once I figured out that turning off the pad analog button restored keyboard layout, messed up, this time, the steering on my pad. LOL :D

With Apex my Play2 pad worked just fine out of the box (or using Xpadder).

The rain looked scripted to me. It started always on the same part of the track (Nurburgring).

I can't use my old Momo wheel, so I can't judge the game, although it's clear it's not a sim.
For sure I wouldn't spend at all 50€ for this...

AI looks.. well, too easy to catch up? Only my quick impression?

The bad side of this demo is that there's no way to quickly restart a race. You have to go back to the main menu passing through long and painful "commercials" of the full game :mad:

Eh... I applaud this kind of experience on PC, but the demo left a bitter taste of arcade in my mouth. If I buy it, I'll only get the cheapest available version. I see no point in paying more than the entry fee.

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
30 minutes to download, 5 minutes to realize I wasted 30 minutes downloading. Apex was garbage and this is as bad. But thanks to Microsoft for saving me $$$ by releasing a demo.

Last edited:
It looks great, but that's about it. I have laughed so hard when I realized that in the default settings, all I have to do is just keep my foot on the throttle (at least in the Nürburgring race) and steer and the game does everything else for me. You can easily win that 2 lap race by a large margin without ever stepping on the brake once and with full throttle, only coming off the throttle slightly while avoiding cars or puddles. The screen full of accolades about it being the best racing game ever that pops up at the end of the race is just the icing on the cake in this context :) Apparently we're at the point where it's perfectly acceptable for games to basically play themselves with the default settings...

Then I looked at how much the game costs in its cheapest edition and laughed really hard again.

And no, even though you can obviously turn the assists off and make , it's still not fun. I don't need my games to be hardcore sims, but the FFB is just missing so much information it makes the driving very unenjoyable and frustrating (in the case of that Porsche) or simply bland (GT-R).

But yeah, the visuals are incredible. Audio is also quite good, though I don't understand why it all sounds like I'm in a bathroom.

It was garbage. Unfortunate, because Forza has always been my pick up racers for YEARS against friends. It's clear they don't know a thing about racing wheels and spend the entire duration of their testing behind a controller. I just don't get it. Even arcade racers are easier to play than this. The Porsche is undrivable, little to no FFB, no center spring, no feeling of when the car is losing grip. I could never even finish a lap on that car/track combo.

very shiny looking
my PC has no problems to run it
the handling is pretty simcade

the game itself is interesting for easy fun but the cost is Too much for my taste
i will wait for discounted editions later

I am pretty impressed with the graphics!
I don't think I have come across a racing game with more realistic looking graphics; the atmosphere, the colour saturation, the way lights scatter, the weather effects, the car models and the world around the circuit, all top notch looking! Very, very impressive and it even runs rock solid at 60fps on 4K on my system. Wow!

Sound are great as well. Granted there is only a small selection of cars to listen to in the demo, but what's here sounds good. The effect of having a radio playing in a garage for the music is a nice touch as well IMO. Especially once you start tuning in the full game.

The physics feel a little bland on my CSW v2, whereas they are much more alive in the tiny motors of my Xbox controller. So I hope the full game will have tweaked settings for this or otherwise they will improve handling for wheels with a patch.

But I will step into Forza not as my hardcore racing sim. The game has always been about giving car enthousiasts a sort of sandbox to play in. Race to get funds to buy that dreamcar you like, style it to your liking, test it while tuning its performance and having fun with friends showing off your ride, creating cool screenshots to keep for memories.
I am sure Forza 7 will provide this great experience, now on PC for us. As I have not owned an Xbox for quite some time (Forza 3 was my last one) I am very happy I can once again enjoy this humongous title! Kudos to Turn 10!

P.S. In the old Forza's there was a thing called Clubs, I seem to remember. Are there any plans to have a RaceDepartment community/ club in-game we can all join to enjoy our automotive adventures together and trade some nice rides on the auction house?

Luckily a few good Sim-youtubers prevented me from downloading this crap.
Codemasters show how you can combine simcade physics and decent FFB. Would have loved to see something similar for Forza...

Still waiting for a decent street car game, a real market niche... (not counting AC due to only a handful of street cars)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000