Formula W: A New Series for Female Racers Announced.

Quer dizer que vão só aceitar mulheres nos carros? Que preconceito!! É isso que diriam se fosse o contrário hehehe.
Mas falando sério agora eu entendi porque Formula W =)

Given all the current hoohaa about such matters, there's a point in there.

Can a biological man that firmly identifies as a woman yet has not had the full "change" join Formula W? Say yes, and there are immediate problems as their physical body, characteristics, etc are still mostly male, and thus possibly at an advantage in single-seater, high-G cornering and endurance... say no, and you have an immediate hate crime.

It's a much bigger problem that nobody has even come close to dealing with yet in any walk of life, but it does very much have relevance to to the topic.

There are transgender racers. Where do they stand in all this when you start dividing motorsports? They had no problems before. They put their foot down and changed into first on the same grid as everyone else. Now?

The vast majority of males have no intrest anymore for such a hard and low payed job.
It used to be more male teachers, till they start paying less and less.
Now they can find an easier much better paying job instead.

So, the lacking of women in construction sites means that construction companies are sexist? Pharmacies are generally dominated by women, so pharmaceutical companies are sexist too?

There are some fundamental difference between both gender. As far as I know, men generally prefer to deal with things such cars race cars, buildings, particles and so on while women prefer to deals with people than things. There are other minor differences such as men tend to have more upper body strengths that may make them more suitable for some jobs.

If these scientific facts are false, why not someone start a new construction company that is all women and a pharmaceutical company that is all men? I bet the former will be celebrated while the latter will be absolutely destroyed.

The whole FW notion is ridiculous. There are successful woman through out motorsports history, no need for “equality” veiled affirmative actions to “encourage” women. It is due to the inherit general behaviour of a gender that lead some more likely to the sport than the other. Meanwhile, it is motorsports where being physically strong is not the only factor like other sports. Engineering, teamwork also plays a huge role where the sole dependence on strength is lesser.

Equality of outcome is not equal opportunity.

Again, why are we dividing ourselves as a species to 2 factions?

I've raced against some fairly skilled women in karting and honestly couldn't care less who is behind the wheel as long as there clean and competitive.

What I really want to know is....
Will there be grid boys in tight short shorts and any word on a driver calender? :)

If motor racing was only a question of talent, Lance Stroll would have been out of F1 after one season and Ocon would still be a Force India driver.
Well yeah, my post excluded the sad truth about rich dads, I'll give you that. Then again, even starting out costs money so only those who can afford it go racing. Still, I believe that by and large racing drivers get roughly where their talent should land them.
My comment about the playing field not being equal is based on the fact that women are still seen as inferior drivers (and probably inferior in many other ways) by a lot of men involved in racing.
Ah, OK. Not sure I necessarily agree, it sounds like a broad generalisation :unsure: But as I said, I hope someone gets signed after FW success; I just personally find the idea of women's own series a bit daft.

:thumbsup:

There is no physical reason why a female should be less equiped to race a car.
It's just that a are much less females than men intrested in car racing.
Any F3 racingteam would gladly accept a female driver if she is as fast as any other driver and brings in half a million euro's to do a full year of racing.
That's what it cost to drive a full season of F3 on a decent level.

Upper body strength is great to have when countering g-forces in corners of a prolonged race. Also women have a disadvantage in spatial awareness.

Women have wider hips though which may help in lowering center of gravity, in F1.

I'm still for woman competing in Formula 1, since motorsports is (rightfully) expensive.

Last edited:
They don't need a new racing series. Any woman with skill and talent get in F1. Jender means nothing in the cockpit. Just look at Danika Patric in NASCAR and Indycar. She just had not interest in F1. But she would of been good.

I've raced against some fairly skilled women in karting and honestly couldn't care less who is behind the wheel as long as there clean and competitive.

What I really want to know is....
Will there be grid boys in tight short shorts and any word on a driver calender? :)
Me too, the few females that actually raced karts were all pretty good at it compared to general level of men.

So where does it go wrong? Do the girls lose interest in the sport? Or does the sport lose interest in the girls?

I have never been involved in any motor sport so I have no idea what kind of politics goes on behind the scenes.

There is no physical reason why a female should be less equiped to race a car.
It's just that a are much less females than men intrested in car racing.
Any F3 racingteam would gladly accept a female driver if she is as fast as any other driver and brings in half a million euro's to do a full year of racing.
That's what it cost to drive a full season of F3 on a decent level.

Chess is also physically less demanding, men are still better. Men are more competitive, in their form and in their thinking. Checkmate, liberals.

So where does it go wrong? Do the girls lose interest in the sport? Or does the sport lose interest in the girls?

I have never been involved in any motor sport so I have no idea what kind of politics goes on behind the scenes.

It's like engineering, girls seem a bit frightened off by it unless they're determined, and then they do just as well as anyone else. Drivers have to start absurdly young if they want to be top level pros and it's possible parents aren't even considering taking girls karting, not through any negative ideas but just because it's not something they've thought of. Sending drivers to schools to talk up motorsport & give parents some career advice ( and then letting interested kids play with some karts in the playground / local car park ) would be a cheap way to stop that.

Again, quite possible girls just aren't as interested, what I've suggested would be an easy way to find out. Upper body strength is utter bullshit in a modern car - they've all got power steering and you're harnessed into a shaped seat so tight that all that moves is your neck. If women can fly combat jets they can drive race cars.

Took some time, but now i recognize: This formula w could be a good thing for F1, because Luise Hamilton won't be driving in F1 anymore... :roflmao:

I think this is a good idea to encourage more women into the sport, the fact is most women don't see it as an option and F1 is a business for making money, so it's basically a huge untapped market. There are so many areas were female participation is low, and businesses are salivating at the opportunity to sell to them.

Culture is social programming, and there are huge shifts taking place in our programming at the moment. The internet rather than evolve our society into a new stage of learning and understanding has ripped the mask off and showed us we're just a behaviour driven animal like every other animal on the planet.

The only reason we think women racing is weird is because our programming leads us to believe women don't do certain things.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.