AMS2 Formula USA @ Watkins Glen, Tuesday 15th Febuary 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium
RD-R6.jpg

This week it's off to up-state New York's Watkins Glen and the late 90s Indy cars/Champ cars/ CART cars or whatever they were called that week. What they are, on the track, are 900hp, sequential stick shifting aero monsters that manage to be both sophisticated technically and kind of old school simple in the art of driving.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Liveries https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cart-1998-skins-f-usa-gen2-24-skins-custom-driver-ai.47052/
20220211122925_1.jpg

Server, Settings & Rules

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 FUSA
Server Password: nicey
Server Settings: X2 fuel/tyres
Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Gears, Factory Defaults
Track: Watkins Glen
Cars: Formula USA G2
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

20220211123323_1.jpg

Time Table

Practice: 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 20:45 UTC (45 minutes)

Entry List

1. Redvaliant
  2. Bram Hengeveld
  3. Ingemar Petersson
  4. Andrew Leach
  5. GeekyDeaks
  6. max1966i
  7. Yannik Haustein
  8. PurgerUK
  9. Bhutch88
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
anyone know if these cars required the clutch to change down gears? I only did a few laps to test and it seemed to step out very slightly at the rear on downshift, but not totally sure

To be honest I'm not sure. They are a sequential stick shift but they may have had a cutout on the shifts to allow clutchless shifts. The V8 Supercars - the only series I can think of that still use SQ Shifters, have a cut on upshifts but use the clutch for downshifts, but they are intentionally old school in their approach to tech.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.