Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Formula Truck: Release Postponed

Reiza Studios today informed the community that their upcoming game Formula Truck does not have a release date yet and they might need some more time due to licensing issues. Apparently the license acquired did not cover all vehicles and drivers and the renegotiations are taking more time than expected.
To all our friends anxiously waiting for our Fórmula Truck Simulator, we inform that the reason we dont have a set release date yet is due to the fact our partnership with Fórmula Truck...​

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what "official" stands for in the game description ("the official simulator of the popular Brazilian Fórmula Truck series"). I would think all licensing and authorization issues should be covered in an "official" game by definition.

Anyway, hopefully nobody will stand in the way. After all, what can be better for the series profile than a properly designed simulator? =)

Thats actually an easy question, to answer. Simbin fell foul, of this assumption, as has become evident, in the digital re release of its titles atm.
The series, is run by one authority, that authority has given license for the series name to be used. While that authority, allows a manufacturer to participate within its series. It has no control, over that manufacturers' licensing.
Reiza have official license, to the series name, not its participants. They are doing all that they can, to rectify this, until they do they can't release reproductions of a manufacturers' models.

Create the ugliest truck you an come up with, with peeling paint and bald tires, cracked windscreens and make the driver look like a redneck.
Create brands similar to the hold outs and assign that track to them.
Release the game.
That should be an incentive for the remaining brands to give permission :)

If that's the case, series license looks pretty much useless, why bother obtaining it at all? I say just get those permissions from manufacturers/teams. Who cares whether it is labeled "Formula Truck" or "Brakes Are For Cowards"? =)

For publicity reasons I can totally understand why they want to have it 100% licensed. If a real life series is your affiliate you can easily sell your game to the followers of that series. A whole new market beside the trusted simracing sites.

As a simracer I couldn't care less if its licensed or not. I am not interested in the names or the liveries, just want to race trucks :)

Ok, i have a problem with paypal payment, it says in portugues: "Você não pode fazer esse pagamento com base nas informações inseridas. Quando você tem uma conta brasileira do PayPal, deve pagar os comerciantes brasileiros em reais."

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.