Cars Formula RSS 2 by Race Sim Studio

Already tried and already rotated it a bit, nothing more i can achieve unfortunately
If you use Photoshop then try the 3D template and project the logo on the sidepod.
rss_v8_3dpaint.jpg

Place the logo over the sidepod as show it toppart of image, double click RSS2_Chassis_D and create a new layer in it, close and save. Then reduce the layer with the logo to the layer beneath via right click on layer. Now the the logo is rendered on the model and if you double click RSS2_Chassis_D you have the 'rendered' logo in the new layer. In my case it's the layer 'Ebene 1' in the lower part of the image.
Hope this is understandable and helps. ;)

If you use Photoshop then try the 3D template and project the logo on the sidepod.
View attachment 199044
Place the logo over the sidepod as show it toppart of image, double click RSS2_Chassis_D and create a new layer in it, close and save. Then reduce the layer with the logo to the layer beneath via right click on layer. Now the the logo is rendered on the model and if you double click RSS2_Chassis_D you have the 'rendered' logo in the new layer. In my case it's the layer 'Ebene 1' in the lower part of the image.
Hope this is understandable and helps. ;)

Yeess made it :D

Love the car too but why assisted steering when F2 is non assisted ?

This should have steering heavy as old boot's like an Indy car.
Just ramping up the FFB is not the same.

Still fabulous job..F1 Hybrid still my favorite though.

Its same with the Kunos T125 and most cars ,
The uv mapping as that much shape on these kind of chassis , its practically impossible to place logos straight ,
They tend to warp slightly , Cars are different you can get the mesh pretty much 99% nice ,
Formula cars , open cockpits ect tend to vary , on artists and style of mapping ,
as mentioned in the manual I personally recommend using 3D to get perfect placement of logos ,
Its actually faster than trying to warp it by hand ,
in fact if you understand photoshop ,
from downloading a logo to getting it on the car both sides 100% mm perfection , actually takes around 2 minutes from actually finding the logo :)

What steering wheel do you own?

Btw power steering doesn't exist in AC.

Hi David,

I own a Sim Steering 2, Leo Bodnar.

Just cranked my FFB up in Assetto to get some 'feel' ...much better.

I run 100 FFB in the F1 Hybrid..in the RSS 2 it needs to be 130 to feel right.
When you drive these car in real life they are SUPER heavy to steer.

When I drive the Dallara in iracing it's just fabulous..heavy steering give's better detail for me.
In general I prefer Assetto FFB though even though I do have to run with half update box checked.

Congratulation's on a fabulous car.

Last edited:
Well that's strange, you should get plenty of torque. Not much we can do on our side, the front suspension is identical to the notGP2 car, so what happens next is up to AC; maybe the real tyres produce higher self aligning torque at optimal slip angles than AC ones. The FFB is more or less scaled so there is a bit of clipping at high speed turns.

Well that's strange, you should get plenty of torque. Not much we can do on our side, the front suspension is identical to the notGP2 car, so what happens next is up to AC; maybe the real tyres produce higher self aligning torque at optimal slip angles than AC ones. The FFB is more or less scaled so there is a bit of clipping at high speed turns.
Every single mm of the suspension is accurate to the notGP2 car , well id say 0.1mm I used CAD :p

Well that's strange, you should get plenty of torque. Not much we can do on our side, the front suspension is identical to the notGP2 car, so what happens next is up to AC; maybe the real tyre's produce higher self aligning torque at optimal slip angles than AC ones. The FFB is more or less scaled so there is a bit of clipping at high speed turns.

When I said 'Full Torque' joke that would rip my arms off !

Point I was making was at default the steering is super light for a car of this type.
In iracing FFB differ's from car to car in the actual game.

It seems in AC it does not.

In iracing FFB differ's from car to car in the actual game.

It seems in AC it does not.

This is as designed to ensure people get the most out of their consumer wheels. Just bump up the FFB multiplier, that's what its there for.

Also FFB does differ, its just the overall force that is kept similar. The fact each car has different suspension/steering geometry, FFB is naturally different.

Cant see it now ,
But I saw a comment regarding tires somehwere ,
The Hybrid tires work on this car also , and theres quite a few packs I saw out there ,
Only difference is theres 5 textures yeah ,
2 Bump NM which on the RSS2 are now .dds not .png like the Hybrid ,
but the other textures are just the same exact texture with the same names :)
We tried to make it simpler this way , using resources we already have and save on file sizes providing tire packs twice :)

My foot has been effed up for the last 4 weeks so no sim racing for me, but I did hook up the old XBOX Controller to try this one out. Fantastic job all around. Cannot wait to see what you folks do next.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.