• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Formula Renault 3.5 DRS?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by VernWozza, Feb 8, 2017.

1. VernWozza

VernWozza

Ratings:
    +32
    Hi.

Does the Formula Renault 3.5 2014 have DRS? I am following cars and can see their rear wing opening and closing but it doesn't seem to have any performance benefit.

Any ideas?

2. Daniel Faas

Daniel Faas
    Mississippi River Pirate Premium

Ratings:
    +23
    It depends on the downforce variant, they all will have DRS but it is MOST effective on the High Downforce variant (most drag reduced), and least effective on the Low Downforce varient (less of a total drag reduction)

3. VernWozza

VernWozza

Ratings:
    +32
    I'll be honest.... I don't know what you mean.

4. Daniel Faas

Daniel Faas

Ratings:
    +23
    Ok so when you select the FR 3.5 from your cars list in rF2 there is a "Tuning options" button towards the bottom of the screen (at work or I would add screen shots). If you click on that there are some options that you can change, one of them being the downforce level. Your options are Low downforce, Medium Downforce, and High Downforce. Then when you get into the sim (race practice quali whichever you are doing) you need to assign a button on your wheel or keyboard for DRS. With all of that done on courses which allow it, when you hit the drs button it will reduce the drag coming from the rear wing allowing you to go faster. So the amount of speed you gain will depend on the downforce level. The highest amount of speed gained will be on the high downforce and on the low downforce car DRS makes less of a difference. Drag slows you down, and the higher the downforce the more drag the wing produces. Hope that helps!

• Like Like x 1
  5. VernWozza

VernWozza

Ratings:
    +32
    Cool, I didn't know about the tuning bit. Thanks for that.

Do I assume AI cars adopt the choice I make?

6. Daniel Faas

Daniel Faas

Ratings:
    +23
    It depends, in the tuning options page there is a button for "force set up" this will make the AI use the same options you are.

• Like Like x 1
  7. VernWozza

VernWozza

Ratings:
    +32
    Nice one thanks for the answers.

• Like Like x 1