• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured Formula RaceRoom US (IndyCar) to Join RaceRoom Next Week

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,475
    Formula RaceRoom US - RaceRoom Racing Experience 1.png
    Sector3 Studios confirm Formula RaceRoom US to release next week for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Announced during one of the Sector 3 Developer Livestreams a few months ago, Sector3 Studios have recently confirmed the American IndyCar themed Formula RaceRoom US is due to be deployed as paid DLC for their RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation as early as next week - adding another open wheel racing machine to the expanding open cockpit career ladder within the game.

The Formula RaceRoom US is the top tier American formula car to be added to the simulation, replicating a modern Dallara IndyCar style and looking to become the fastest vehicle currently available within the game. Due to have more power and more downforce that the current GP2 style Formula RaceRoom 2 car, the FRR US will surely be an impressive driving experience as all that downforce gives drivers the confidence to push the car to it's limits around the many detailed tracks within RaceRoom.

No official release date has been confirmed by the studio, however the Formula RaceRoom US is expected to be made available to purchase within the next week.

Technical Specs:
    • 2.2 liter V6, Turbo charged
    • 675hp @ 12000 rpm + 60hp with Push to Pass.
    • 408Nm @ 11500 rpm
    • Redline at 12200 rpm
    • 6 speed paddle shift
    • 785 kg including driver
    • 44/56% Weight distribution, including driver, excluding fuel.
    • 70 liter fuel tank
    • Maximum theoretical downforce is 3000 kg @ 322 km/h.
    • Push to Pass: + 60 bhp for 20 seconds. 10 Push to Pass allowed per race.

Formula RaceRoom US Sound Preview:

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation by Sector3 Studios. You can download the base game with limited content for free, with further cars and tracks available to purchase at an additional cost.

Formula RaceRoom US - RaceRoom Racing Experience 2.jpg Formula RaceRoom US - RaceRoom Racing Experience 3.jpg Formula RaceRoom US - RaceRoom Racing Experience 4.jpg Formula RaceRoom US - RaceRoom Racing Experience 5.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding the simulation. We have a few select mods to download, a ton of setups created by our community and our pièce de résistance the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club. Head over to our club and join in a selection of races for all different skills and experiences. Top TeamSpeak banter and great racing, exclusive to premium members of RD.

Are you happy to see more open wheel content coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience? Looking forward to the IndyCar? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 3
  2. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +761
    Intriguing on paper, looking forward to videos and the P2P implementation. That will make it two games that have it properly.

3. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +342
    Im not an open wheeler fan but for peeps who are this must be heaven...:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nick Hill

Nick Hill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +189
    Been looking forward to this one! :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +270
    Looking forward to this, I quite like the Indy cars in other sims are they strike a balance of being crazy fast while still being conventional enough in their driving style that I can focus more on my racecraft and less on wrestling the cars hybrid systems. Don't get my wrong modern LMP1s and F1s are pretty awesome to take for a spin but I don't feel comfortable racing them in anger the way I do a more traditional car like the indys. I also prefer the p2p system to DRS/KERS. Ofcourse this will all change once Porsche finds a way to add force fields and phasers truly turning Le Mans into X-Wing vs Tie Fighter.

It's a bit odd of a choice of a car though with the announced tracks really suggesting the titles retained focus on TC/GT racing, and while I'm happy with that direction this car kinda demands they add a few more great US tracks. I know I'd buy the Glen. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CptEinsicht

CptEinsicht
    Premium

Ratings:
    +39
    The m6 is also coming next week

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  7. Shad3R

Shad3R

Ratings:
    +101
    Any info about the audi r8?:(

8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,627
    I definitely second the Glen, Project Cars I think currently has the best Dallara and Glen in any sim, (not forgetting Road America) so if Formula US comes close I'll be happy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. AadHofman

AadHofman

Ratings:
    +24
    Really? (honest question)

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,627
    You did notice the "I think" part of the sentence, surely you can't deny their Watkins Glen is stunning regardless of what you think of the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. AadHofman

AadHofman

Ratings:
    +24
    Can't remember because of uninstallment many moons ago. Wondering about the quality of their DW12...

12. Robert_S

Robert_S

Ratings:
    +5
    Beautiful , now we need ovals and NASCAR

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,218
    @Kenny Paton don't event think about running 30 of these around Bathurst in a club event! :roflmao:;)

This is a nice addition to the title. Yes I would like maybe Road America or the Glen. Although there are some great US road courses on there already. Maybe Texas as an oval option would be good. Or maybe although it's not used for Indycar, Daytona oval and road course options would be a nice addon.

Doubt you'll see NASCAR (not in its "official" form anyway). I think that licence belongs to someone else.

14. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +270
    Ovals likely require more work on the AI than the trouble is worth. Even rF2 falls a bit flat in that department. I guess they could release them discounted with no AI capabilities but I doubt they'd do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,627
    Mind reader:D

• Haha Haha x 2
  16. TobiasR

TobiasR
    Czarleeese Baygio Premium

Ratings:
    +1,476
    @Kenny Paton
    Indianapolis, Sonoma, Mid Ohio, Laguna Seca, Zolder, Brands Hatch Indy have been raced in real life fyi :p

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +437
    Ugly as hell but I enjoy driving them in Iracing for example. Now this with Watkins Glen, Road America, Road Atlanta...would be great.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,627
    Methinks we will visit them all, in fact anywhere but Saschenring.:whistling:

• Haha Haha x 3
  19. Metalogic

Metalogic
    Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    Not interested personally, but glad to see the Raceroom car roster expanding and potentially bringing in more people to the sim

20. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +270
    Macau confirmed!

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1