F1 2010 Formula One 2010 (Codemasters)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
As seen on autosport.com - F1 News: New computer game deal for F1:

Formula One is to have its first official computer game in more than two years next season following the capture of a new official licencing deal with British gaming company Codemasters, autosport.com can reveal.
With Sony having published the most recent official F1 game last summer, based on the 2006 season and available only on PlayStation consoles, Codemasters' deal will see F1 return to a multiformat platform for the first time in many years.
The game is set to be available on all major home consoles, as well as handheld and PC gaming formats.
After weeks of discussion between Codemasters and Formula One Administration, it is anticipated that the company will produce the first game next year, based on the 2009 F1 season. This will be the first game that Lewis Hamilton will appear in.
Rod Cousens, chief executive officers of Codemasters, said: "Formula One is ambitious in expanding its reach with more circuits planned beyond recent additions in the Middle East and China. It is also ambitious in expanding its reach via technology.
"The digital communities that computer and video gaming creates will play a key role in further growing the F1 audience and connecting them globally.
"As a world-leading creator of driving games, this alliance with F1 is the jewel in Codemasters' racing crown and creates an undisputed segment champion."
Chris Deering, chairman of Codemasters, added: "Codemasters' success and recent innovations in the racing game space makes the company more than appropriately tuned for the challenge.
"The combination of F1's new momentum of expansion and Codemasters' contemporary technology and past experience is the breaking of a new dawn for the sport, on the track and on the HD game screen."
Codemasters Studios has already begun preparations for the major task of creating the new game, by strengthening their team with personnel from the now defunct Sega Racing Studio.
There are 350 people working on the project, which will be based on the EGO Engine that Codemasters has put to good use on the Colin McRae: DIRT and soon-to-be-released Race Driver: GRID titles.

Sorry about that!
I'm not so optimist about codemaster, don't like Grid and probably a F1 game of then will be similar.
Tested some rFactor F1 mods and none of them catch me up, maybe is cause don't enjoy rFactor.
The way is wait and thanks that someone do at least release a F1 game.

I have to admit I am excited at the prospect of being able to play an official F1 game that is not on a Playstation. Whether it is sim heavy or not I will most likely buy it solely out of my love for F1 games and play it online.

It will make a nice change from having to run the old F1 challenge and all those rFactor mods, as good as they are.

• Simon Benham

As long as it's not another "F1 Championship Edition" (PS3).... (shudders).

F1 Challenge was the last decent one I played, if this get's anywhere the level of that (if not better), then I'll be hugely happy.

I also heard that it is going to be less arcade than previous titles...
There was a video on youtube with some kind of F1 tv show where the guys on the show said that codemasters had asked them for feedback on what the fans think the game should be like. And supposedly Codemasters really took notice. People wanted it to be more "Sim" less "Arcade" :) If I find the link again, I'll post it!

Don't worry, it's not a trailer. The image is just a Screenshot from Grand Prix 4. They talk about F1 games and codemasters.

You can find the information they're discussing here ---> http://kotaku.com/5022802/relax-codemasters-f1-game-is-a-sim

I hope they're not trying to fool us with a cleverly disguised arcade game :p

Oooo.thanks..i'm excited so much for nothing then. Anyway. I visited Codemasters's Forum last night, and as i see they take 3 wishes for the game from every member there.. And most of the wishes are these....

1) Customizable team, deep career mode. (From a Gp2 driver to a F1 team owner)

2)Very Realistic Crashes and Physhic Models

3)A very good Online system..

That's very sad to hear but too little people wishes about realistic driving.
There are even more wishes for SC, Commentary, ai etc.....

• Alex Guehennec

I think they are not stupid (CM),
a GT, Nascar rally Wtcc etc ... arcade game, why not

But a F1 arcade game is a non-sense

But from what we've heard from Codemasters themselves so far is that the game will be a Sim. They said that Dirt and GRID were aimed at a different audience, and required different gameplay...however how much of a sim it will be we can only wait for to see. At least we can be pretty sure it's not gonna be another DIRT or GRID.

We can't say much until the game is released, or atleast some videos. Keep faith guys, I trust Codemasters, they gave us some great games. On the forums, there was an uproar from people saying "this will be another GRID2 etc. A rep took notice, and gave a post saying that they will have emphasis on both modes, but they said there will definately be a sim aspect, and told us not to worry. There was an F1Podcast episode about it on YouTube.

Quit sending the bad vibes :)

• Apexeus

Not looking forward to this installment at all. Hearing Codemasters had obtained the license was the most depressing gaming news i have ever heard.

I loved the way Studio Liverpool were taking the game to new height, sure they lied to us more then once (full online championships, safety car, realistic damage etc), but, they made the games so much fun.

F1: Championship Edition was and still is brilliant.

Now, back on topic. Codemasters have recently become an appalling studio in my mind. I remember the good old days of TOCA and the original Colin McRae games. Why have they recently become so cheap and tacky?

DiRT was awful, both graphically and gameplay wise, sure they gave us a gorgeous CGI sequence at the beginning, but, what the hell happened to the ingame graphics?

GRiD again was the same as DiRT, great CGI, awful game. The fact that this had become an americanised pile of cack was another downside (no offence to the americans among us).

Im just hoping that Gran Turismo 5 will have a full range of F1 cars in it. Prologue has the Ferrari F2007, and is great to drive. If the new codemasters F1 game is as bad as most of us know it will be, time to get into PC based F1 games (Grand Prix 4 with all the mods you can get for it).

***Rant over***

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Forum trophies