Formula Legacy Manager - 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrows

We are sad to announce the departure of James Hunt, who will move to Lotus for $700.
"James was a wonderful chap. He pushed the Shadow to unthinkable heights, and he's the reason why Arrows went down the money saving route. Sadly, he got too old to enjoy what this team has become. I will be forever thankful to James for what he has done to our team. Legend!"

To replace him would be Nelson Piquet, who will move from Tyrrell for $2617 and join Lauda on our championship quest. We look forward to working with him for the next 3 seasons!
"Nelson will be a very welcome addition to our team. He's a driver with immense potential and driving skills, something well known in the paddock, something that will make the rival teams jealous. I look forward to the battle between these two great, great champions!"

The final part of this 3-team collaboration comes between Tyrrell and Lotus, as Tyrrell will buy Pryce for $500.
"I think what we came up with is sheer brilliance and incredible sportsmanship. I'd even call this the most brilliant trade deal of the decade! <laughs>"

@Manolis Sigoulakis @Jimlaad43

Last edited:
"I think what we came up with is sheer brilliance and inccredible sportsmanship. I'd even call this the most brilliant trade deal of the decade! <laughs>"
Probably not
CN7SJvXUYAAjP1q.jpg

Off Season - Trading Drivers

Lotus signs J. Hunt for 3 years, 105$/race
Tyrrell signs T. Pryce for 3 years, 65$/race
Arrows signs N. Piquet for 3 years, 155$/race

The "Trade" market will be closed in less than 12h.

!!! Updated Budget !!!
Lotus = +3 807$ (before any buys)
Tyrrell = +1 393$ (before any buys)
Arrows = +1 101$ (after your +10 Aero & Mec buys)

For the moment, I'm still waiting for the BRM & McLaren wish-lists (if you do not buy someone).
@kedy89 @Aidan Keranen

Off Season - Trading Drivers

Lotus signs J. Hunt for 3 years, 105$/race
Tyrrell signs T. Pryce for 3 years, 65$/race
Arrows signs N. Piquet for 3 years, 155$/race

The "Trade" market will be closed in less than 12h.

!!! Updated Budget !!!
Lotus = +3 807$ (before any buys)
Tyrrell = +1 393$ (before any buys)
Arrows = +1 101$ (after your +10 Aero & Mec buys)

For the moment, I'm still waiting for the BRM & McLaren wish-lists (if you do not buy someone).
@kedy89 @Aidan Keranen
Well, I'm still waiting for Laffite's stats to be passed on to me. Since I have to pay minimum 500 I'd like to know them...

Wait wha why the flying sh*t am I tier 2, this is gonna fck my season over. Eh well anyways:
+3 Aero
+3 Engine
Points sponsor

Wait wha why the flying sh*t am I tier 2, this is gonna fck my season over. Eh well anyways:
+3 Aero
+3 Engine
Points sponsor
because now the championship position is important and not the driver/car quality. You finished 4th which is tier 2.
I found out the hard way too, eventually this is what forced me into saving up for a big push. But it's about to turn heads cos I'm tier 6 now :cool:

And others were dumb enough to sell you 2 of the best drivers in the field.
I dunno about dumb, I racked up a load of debt last season with a poor car and expensive drivers. Cheap driver and a nice payment is not something I'm worried about. If I'm not winning the title, I don't care who does.

And others were dumb enough to sell you 2 of the best drivers in the field.
It had to do with my financial situation too, I hardly gained any money with the high salaries of my drivers. So I had to resort to something else, luckily Milos offered to trade Mansell. I got money to improve the car as well, had I kept Lauda I don't think my car would be anywhere as where it is now. And therefore I also don't think he would've brought us 4th in the constructors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 418 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 262 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 284 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.9%
Back